Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Old 04-19-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Belize Bound View Post
Probably because they don't trust their own paint. They would rather start over on a raw hood.
They could do the same by simply sanding the original down to bare metal.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Belize Bound View Post
No, went a completely different direction......bought a new RAM 3500 diesel because we bought a new fifth wheel! I had only 5,400 miles on the CX-5. We loved the CX-5, that was our second one. I've owned several new Mercedes and the CX-5 is every bit as good!
Nice. That may be why you didn't lose so much. We have two RAM 2500 trucks. I tow my horse with the diesel. The other is gas and is a farm truck. I love the RAMs!

Old 04-19-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
They could do the same by simply sanding the original down to bare metal.
Wonder if Mazda wanted the original hood back to do testing on the problem.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg View Post
Wonder if Mazda wanted the original hood back to do testing on the problem.
Good point!

Old 04-19-2018, 08:48 PM

Keeping an eye on our paint (and on this thread). So far so good, I have not noticed any issues. Any 2018 owners who experience the same issue as the OP?

Old 04-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Default CX 5 2017 Paint

Mazda said they would repaint my car hood fenders roof not the rest could be a different color took another trip to Dundas salt on the road from the last storm more chips Mazda called said they would repaint and pay only so much I pay the rest I told them to ----them self I now think I going to try the Media so if anyone out there can help very appreciated

first the BBB them I'm going to send off a letter to Market Place I'm thinking I want this car replaced this is just BS if anyone else feels the same please drop a email off to BBB or Market Place and we will see what happens

Old 04-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Default 2018 CX-5 GT ... 2 weeks, 250 miles ...

Already 3 chips. Looking for the dealer to swap vehicles. I certainly didn’t pay $600 for the paint to have chip issues for the life of the car.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by CX-5Kgosi View Post
Already 3 chips. Looking for the dealer to swap vehicles. I certainly didn’t pay $600 for the paint to have chip issues for the life of the car.
My dealer had the Zurich Shield (Paint Protection) applied and I did not fight over it since it was $100 (and not $1000 as many on other forums have reported). Anyway, 4 months later and at roughly 2,000 miles, I do not see any chip. So I assume the protection is working. One thing worth mentioning when taking your car back to the dealer.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:15 AM
Default CX5 red soul crystal

good luck to you on a trade I've reached the end I think with Mazda and all their BS I have put it to the BBB in Kitchener ON. next step is I will contact Mazda Canada one more time then I am going to the Media.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pyrotec View Post
Has anyone else had problems with the new paint color chipping easily? I contacted Mazda directly and they told me they were aware of the problem and to go to my dealer. The dealer told me that their regional rep basically told me to go pound sand and that it was my problem. I'll go the route of contacting Mazda directly again. If anyone else has problems I'd sure like to let Mazda to know. I think they hit a home run with the new CX-5 except in this area. Thanks.
Yes I have this same problem. Purchased 2017 CX-5 on 7/31/17 in Soul Red and within 3 months found places on the hood where the paint was flaking off. Last week I was hand drying the car after a wash and found what I thought was dirt still on the hood and it was a circle of white specks where the paint has flaked off down to the primer. I mentioned this to the service manager in December he looked at me like "well it's not my problem"! I'm really upset about paying this kind of money for a car and paint start flaking off. If they won't agree to fix I will go to the regional Mazda office for a solution. I worry they won't do anything. If not I will just sell it and move on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.