Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Soul Red Crystal Metallic

  #31  
Old 03-24-2018, 11:33 AM
Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Sarnia ON.
Posts: 30
Default CX5 Crystal soul red

I think the chips came from the salt on the highway most postings are saying that over the winter I know that's what happened with mine because I have never driven on a gravel road and these chips are from 1 winter Mazda is still looking in to this problem. Will post if they come up with something more than it is my doing.
 
  #32  
Old 04-07-2018, 04:56 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 26
Default

Originally Posted by Belize Bound View Post
After just 8 months, this past December, I decided to trade in my 2017 CX5 while there was still paint left on it!! Mazda attempted to put a "concept car" paint on a street driven car. Don't know exactly what they were thinking. Concept cars aren't driven on the streets. Beautiful color but not for a street car!!
​​​​​​Belize bound... How much did you lose in depreciation? What vehicle did you get? Mazda won't admit this is a defect. They want to replace my hood but I don't see how that will help . I asked for trade in assistance and they seemed to have said no. The hood is a "goodwill gesture". I want to get rid of this car ....
 
  #33  
Old 04-08-2018, 08:52 AM
Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Sarnia ON.
Posts: 30
Default CX5 Crystal soul red

I read your reply about Mazda said they would replace your hood I have been at them since late Jan. they finally said they will repaint the front of the car plus the roof, I said is this not just going to happen again they told me still my fault I must have been driving somewhere with gravel, they will not admit it is the road salt and any other pebble that my be in my way, It's funny that all the millions of cars that use the same roads at the same time don't have this problem not even other Mazda's of different color. I'm concerned about letting them repaint my brand new car it is never the same and not doing the doors and back what if it is a different color off by a bit I will see it. Anyone have any advice I have to take it in this week I also would like to get rid of this car, even the shinny black between the doors is all streaked it's impossible to make it look good,might add even the shinny black around the shifter inside has streaks. Advice Please.
 
  #34  
Old 04-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 26
Default

Originally Posted by patjoe View Post
I read your reply about Mazda said they would replace your hood I have been at them since late Jan. they finally said they will repaint the front of the car plus the roof, I said is this not just going to happen again they told me still my fault I must have been driving somewhere with gravel, they will not admit it is the road salt and any other pebble that my be in my way, It's funny that all the millions of cars that use the same roads at the same time don't have this problem not even other Mazda's of different color. I'm concerned about letting them repaint my brand new car it is never the same and not doing the doors and back what if it is a different color off by a bit I will see it. Anyone have any advice I have to take it in this week I also would like to get rid of this car, even the shinny black between the doors is all streaked it's impossible to make it look good,might add even the shinny black around the shifter inside has streaks. Advice Please.
My black parts are the same as well. The outside ones looks awful in the sunshine. I also want to get rid of this car. I don't enjoy driving it cause I'm too worried about any large spec of dust that will chip my car.. It's ridiculous and Mazda needs to stop making this color. I'm worried how much of a loss I will take by trading it in.
 
  #35  
Old 04-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington State
Posts: 10
Default

Originally Posted by Jennifer Lynn View Post
​​​​​​Belize bound... How much did you lose in depreciation? What vehicle did you get? Mazda won't admit this is a defect. They want to replace my hood but I don't see how that will help . I asked for trade in assistance and they seemed to have said no. The hood is a "goodwill gesture". I want to get rid of this car ....
I lost about $4,000, about the cost of having to repaint the car!!
 
  #36  
Old 04-18-2018, 07:00 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 26
Default

Originally Posted by Belize Bound View Post
I lost about $4,000, about the cost of having to repaint the car!!
Belize - did you get another CX-5? And can I ask the miles you had on your car? I'm approaching the 8 month mark and my dealer just said my hood is in and ready to paint. I don't know about this. . . I really would rather just get out of this car. But I think I got the ball rolling on the hood replacement so I'm stuck following through with that.
 
  #37  
Old 04-18-2018, 08:51 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Calif.
Posts: 627
Default

Originally Posted by Jennifer Lynn View Post
Belize - did you get another CX-5? And can I ask the miles you had on your car? I'm approaching the 8 month mark and my dealer just said my hood is in and ready to paint. I don't know about this. . . I really would rather just get out of this car. But I think I got the ball rolling on the hood replacement so I'm stuck following through with that.
Why are they replacing the hood instead of just repainting the original?
 
  #38  
Old 04-18-2018, 09:24 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 26
Default

Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
Why are they replacing the hood instead of just repainting the original?
​​​​​​
Good question but this seems to be what the are choosing to do for people No idea why.
 
  #39  
Old 04-19-2018, 09:18 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington State
Posts: 10
Default

Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
Why are they replacing the hood instead of just repainting the original?
Probably because they don't trust their own paint. They would rather start over on a raw hood.
 
  #40  
Old 04-19-2018, 09:20 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington State
Posts: 10
Default

Originally Posted by Jennifer Lynn View Post
Belize - did you get another CX-5? And can I ask the miles you had on your car? I'm approaching the 8 month mark and my dealer just said my hood is in and ready to paint. I don't know about this. . . I really would rather just get out of this car. But I think I got the ball rolling on the hood replacement so I'm stuck following through with that.
No, went a completely different direction......bought a new RAM 3500 diesel because we bought a new fifth wheel! I had only 5,400 miles on the CX-5. We loved the CX-5, that was our second one. I've owned several new Mercedes and the CX-5 is every bit as good!
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Soul Red Crystal Metallic


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.