Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Angry soul red crystal red metallic

Hi everyone I had my CX5 repainted in July didn't get it back till Aug have had nothing but problems with it they had it for 39 days the color is different they painted over the deeper chips dirt in the paint fish eyes chips on my trim under the door where they took it off at first they said they painted it to the back roof doors hood but not the back hatch or bumper why I don't know. Dealer took it back to the body shop to confront him about the mess i think came back said they were going to touch up the spots that were bad and the didn't paint the back doors and it is the same color all of a sudden. I was so up set I didn't know what to say to this person. 'So I let wrote quit the the letter to Mazda Canada and then went to a couple of the better paint shops in town boy did I have my eyes opened they said I should have refused to take the vehicle, but you have to drive something so now I'm again going to take pictures send them to Mazda to Canada which did call this morning and are not going to deal with the dealer they are going right to the bog money as they said. Plus I said what about the value of my vehicle they said it diddn't make a difference, boy this dealer Manager is a piece of work. Will keep everyone informed. Should I consult a lawyer, any thoughts.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:14 PM

Oh, sorry to hear this, hopefully you get yourself unscrewed there. Mine is unfortunately going through the same process, they've had it now for 8 days, so we'll see what mine looks like whenever they finally finish...

Thanks for letting the rest of us know though. I'll be even MORE careful now to go around and if I find anything I don't like I'll make sure I refuse to accept it back... Keep us posed with your situation. Good luck!

Old 09-12-2018, 09:03 AM

I dropped off my car for the repaint last week. My dealer, which owns multi-brand dealerships in the area, has their own paint and body shop. I'm assuming that's a good thing - the dealer, as opposed to a 3rd party paint/body shop, I would think has more of a vested interest in doing a quality repaint. Reading patjoe's post above makes me nervous, though.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:31 AM

Yeah, me too. Dealer's own paint shop. I should've forgone the paint job since I'm trading in for a new Jeep Wrangler, and just let the Jeep dealer worry about the paint chips. All this is doing is stretching out how long before I can actually pull the trigger and get into the new ride... I hope I don't end up in the same boat as he is, with a horrible job and then dealing with getting THAT fixed as well before I can trade... Good luck to you Pete!

Old 09-12-2018, 09:34 AM
Default soul red crystal red metallic

Hi Just another update yesterday I decided to take pictures mark the spots with a washable marker when on the edge of the hood I thought it was a piece of masking take forgotten but what it was was the paint had started to come off I went around it and there were 4or5 spots that just peeled off with my finger nail, so please people check your vehicles out carefully. Mazda Canada told me not to go back to the dealer ship at all they are going to bring out a rep to have a look at it to decide what to do. But that will not happen till at least next week or longer Mazda's 50 anniversary this week big party. Good luck people. upset from Sarnia

Old 09-12-2018, 09:39 AM

patjoe,

Perhaps THE question to ask Mazda at this point is "New vehicle or lawsuit?"

Old 09-12-2018, 09:47 AM

that question has been mentioned I told them I want a new vehicle and said do i have to call a lawyer reply was give us a week, but I think I will consult a lawyer that is usually free first consult, trouble with that route you mite as well say take my vehicle cause you know what a lawyer cost and I'm sure they would do it pro boneo plus a lawsuit could take years. Seeing there are so many of us Market Place might be a thought they like to get their hands on corporations that give people the run around, just a thought.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:59 AM

I have not yet seen any mention of the paint issue in the automotive press/blogs/etc. Kia, on the other hand, with the same type of paint problem with their new Stinger model, has formally acknowledged the problem AND has been mentioned in the press. Perhaps Mazda needs to "feel the heat" by the press? I simply don't believe that any painter can't EXACTLY match the paint job from the factory. I'm also considering hiring a automotive paint pro to come with me to inspect my car when the dealer calls me to tell me it's done. I'd like to think a pro would see non-obvious things that I would miss. But probably the most important thing to do is NOT to accept the car if there's ANYTHING wrong with the repaint, no matter how minor.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by SweetPete
I'm also considering hiring a automotive paint pro to come with me to inspect my car when the dealer calls me to tell me it's done. I'd like to think a pro would see non-obvious things that I would miss.
Excellent idea. I may need to contemplate this as well...

Old 09-12-2018, 10:40 AM

also factory paint is so much harder and can take more abuse the a body shop job and the depreciation on you vehicle now that it has been painted.

Quick Reply: Soul Red Crystal Metallic