Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

should i buy a mazda 6 sport manual?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 05:16 AM
Default RE: should i buy a mazda 6 sport manual?

WOW!!!! THE input you guys give me keeps getting better. I found it very helpful when MAZDAGUY said that the '03 models were the bad ones and the one from '04-'06 are good. I just spoke to someone that works for mazda and can get me nice deal. So now i might upgrade to the MAZDA 6 SPORT V6. He also owns one and hasn't had any problems with it. You guys are really helpful and I thank you very much. I think I've been convinced to get a mazda and not a toyota or honda and even a mazda 3. thanks again guys
russ

Old 08-16-2006, 02:29 PM

You will like it. I had to take my 6 in 3 different times when I first had it for a Transmission update. It was a hassle. But it didn't cost me anything. I have been in alot of cars. Mostly ones that are in the 13,000 to 30,000 budget. But the 6 simply is more fun and economical to drive then any other car in the price range.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:39 PM

yes. and no.
think of it like this.

a 2006 6i sport will
-- stop shorter from 70mph than a BMW M3
-- grip harder in a turn than the SL550
-- has the looks of a car MUCH more expensive

however
-- wont win any drag races.
-- will make u want to sell it (if u came from driving a v6 like me)

in short. if straight line acceleration isnt important, then YES. buy it
if u do jackrabbit starts from stoplights. then get the 3.0 v6 or find another car.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:14 AM

I have an 05 6s V6 hatchback. I have kept regular maintanance on the car. I ahve had one issue, and it was under a recall warrantt. The rotors in the front worped and I had them replaces. Apparently this was an issue with the 04. Other than that, I get good gas mileage (not great) 20/27, it rides nicely, its comfortable. the only thing I knock on it, is acceleration, but once you get going, it has some kick. And the topper, is price!!! You really can't bet the price. As far as having a Ford motor, I am not too concerned. My feeling is that over the past 3 years, American automakers have been getting crushed by the foriegn market. i am a firm believer that American parts are starting to be come quality now a days. I would vote yes to getting the Mazda hatchback.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:31 PM

i got an 06 mazda 6i sedan 5spd.It all runs damn good maan dont listen to what other people say about the car.Its like anyother car that comes out the first year of production they have problems, but that everyone. Im not tryin to hate on no one but the scion nobody thought it was a good car but look at they are really good cars but thats the thing you cant listen to people. Dont worry about the engine cuz the block on the 4cyl. is off a duratech (Ford) but only the block but if you go to mazda6tech.com and read the intake section it will tell you a little bit more about the technology mazda uses for the engine.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:46 PM

If space isn't an issue, I would buy the Mazda 3. I test drove all trim levels of the 3 and 6 and here were my conclusions:

The Mazda 6 is larger, and it feels much larger. Even with the V6 it doesn't drive like the 4 cylinder 2.3L Mazda 3. The 3 handles much better and is much more fun to drive IMO (Sorry 6 lovers). The backseat is ample, and the hatch has a lot of cargo space. I wanted a sedan though, and their trunk is very small.

The 3 is also built completely over seas where as the 6 is built in America. This could be why the 3 is regarded as a much more reliable car. Consumer Reports agrees. Lastly the 3 keeps its residual value much better then the 6.

These are just some of the thinsg taht made me choose the 3 over the 6.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:01 AM

I've had my 6s for over 3 years and 49,000 miles and have been mostly pleased with it. Believe me that the Ford motor is the least of your worries - and I don't mean to insinuate that the rest of the car is bad. The biggest, typical problem has been the clutch. I'm not sure if the '06 are any better. Even the MS6 guys are starting to get premature clutch failures! [:@]

It's a good car, man. Plus it's one of the very few in this price range to even offer a stick with a V6!

Old 12-14-2006, 04:17 AM

what kind of hiccups in the 03s??

Old 12-15-2006, 11:37 AM

Clutch failure eh? Odd you mention this as recently (only 25k on my 05' V6 M6S 5-speed) it seems to jutter when going from 1st to 2nd and sometimes from 2nd to 3rd, beyond that it's not a problem, but starting off I really need to feed it some gas and engage the clutch pretty hard or this really annoying jutter happens and makes me wonder if it isn't something more serious or if I just suck at shifting.

D to the B