Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

abusive driving. having afterthoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Default abusive driving. having afterthoughts

so friday night i was out with some friends. had some fun in the parking lot.
sorta turned it into my personal slalom course. doing hard turns under full throttle , snapping the steering bak n forth.

had lots of fun. but ever since im feelin some guilt/regret.

-both front tires feel gritty and worn down. spclly at the the edge. the sidewalls are damaged as well probaly from too much weight shifting to 1 tire while turning (car was loaded @ 150lb/person)

keep in mind its a new car (2700 miles). but im wondering if there could be any other damages to the car. such as mis-alignment of wheels, worn struts, loose steering, etc ?

im still worried as f%&*.
any help would be really welcome [X(]

Old 12-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Default RE: abusive driving. having afterthoughts

dude....i do that almost everynite....not that crazy, but still....you know, droping the clutch, letting the tires smoke, redlining 1st and 2nd, taking corners really sharp, squealing the tires after downshifting.....im surprised i still have tread left....and yeah, ive been doing this in my 3 for about a month now, about twice a week for a bit, and no problems yet.....it's probably all in your head....like, i constantly think that my clutch feels different, but it's brand new (got the car 2 months ago) so i'm pretty sure everything is in my head too.....oh and my 3 only has 2100 kms

Old 12-19-2006, 06:28 AM

What you did probably didn't really cause any damage per se, but just excessive wear, but any hard driving like that will do that in any car. If you caused damage to the car, you'd know it. You may have loosened the steering a bit, or the alignment. Tire wear is the biggest issue. But the car should be fine. The most likely thing that could have happened is either a blown tire, or a tie rod end, ball joint, pitmanarm or idler arm. There's also risk of snapping an axle, but that's usually when dragging, or doing doughnuts or burnouts.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:22 PM

besides....if anything breaks on my car, i dont have to worry about it.....cuz it's under warranty for the full 4 years of my lease!!
except for like, the clutch, brakes, tires, normal wear and tear stuff