Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

should i buy a mazda 6 sport manual?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 03:45 AM
Default should i buy a mazda 6 sport manual?

Hey you crazy mazda ppl,

I am looking to buy my first mazda but i haven't really heard good things about the mazda 6 sport (hatchback) 2006 model. Consumer Reports say that it isn't a good buy and my friend backs that up too. Is the engine made from ford?....is if that is the case is it a reliable engine? what are your $.02 "turbo car" guy. I read a lot of your fourms and see this guy replying a lot with the supra? AM i expecting to but a lot of $$$ to fix this car up?
I like the cargo space in the mazda 6 and it looks great too.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Default RE: should i buy a mazda 6 sport manual?

hmm. I haven't head of many problems with the 6 sport. I have a 2005 Mazda 6i with the 2.3 4 speed auto. At 16,000. There were some very minor problems but they were covered under warranty. It runs beautifully everyday! I believe the 2.3 is made by Mazda. The V6 engine is made by Ford for sure!

Old 08-15-2006, 06:27 PM

I see no reason not to get one. I mean yeah you hear about problems on the internet but that's just because people post more about when they do have prolems than when they don't (because you don't need advice when the car is working) alot of memeber haven't experienced any problems with their Mazda6. I don't see any reason why consumer reports would'nt give it the thumbs up. I don't drive one though so I can't help you out too much. They are beautiful and well equipped cars though.

Old 08-15-2006, 09:08 PM

thanks for your imput 'mazda guy' and 'turbo' guy. I'm probably leaning now more towards buying one. But now, don't know if I should look for a used manual or just buy a new one. What mazda cars do you guys own?...just curious. I think it helped me out a lot 'mazda guy' to know that the mazda 6 engine is not made by ford. But are you absolutely sure on that? I tend to rate a car's reliability on how often I see it on the road. I"m from vancouver, bc, and dont' see the mazda 6 sport that often. You think it is fair to say that the car isn't that reliable?
And 'm sure consumer reports have their reason for not "recommending" this car. Maybe there have been a lot of 'lemons' so far for the mazda 6 sport. anyone else who has an opinon please let me know. THANKS GUYS FOR REPLYING
RUSS

Old 08-15-2006, 11:21 PM

the I-4 is made by Mazda and V-6 is made by Ford*

as for what I drive , a 1987 Mazda Rx-7 Turbo II.

My Car

EDIT: the word "Ford" was added, I was tired the first time around

Old 08-16-2006, 01:45 AM

The Mazda6 sport (5-door) has the same drivetrain and components as the sedan and the wagon, there are some slight differences between models, but the reliability of the vehicles would be identical.

I personally like the hatchback. (FYI...I've got over 42,000 trouble free miles on my 6 wagon and over 35,000 trouble free on my Mazda3)

Old 08-16-2006, 01:48 AM

i drive a mazda 6 2.4 manual wiht 12kmiles and i have not had any problems at all .
the car runs excelent i couldnt be more happier wiht this ride. ive heard alot of good reviews
about this car. the 03 model was the only year wiht bad revies tha i know.
04 to 06 its all good

Old 08-16-2006, 01:49 AM

my bad i accidently put 2.4 its a 2.3

Old 08-16-2006, 02:37 AM

Yeah. The 6 had some hiccups when it first came out. But the newer ones are just as reliable as any other car!

Old 08-16-2006, 05:16 AM

WOW!!!! THE input you guys give me keeps getting better. I found it very helpful when MAZDAGUY said that the '03 models were the bad ones and the one from '04-'06 are good. I just spoke to someone that works for mazda and can get me nice deal. So now i might upgrade to the MAZDA 6 SPORT V6. He also owns one and hasn't had any problems with it. You guys are really helpful and I thank you very much. I think I've been convinced to get a mazda and not a toyota or honda and even a mazda 3. thanks again guys
russ

Quick Reply: should i buy a mazda 6 sport manual?