Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Should I or should i not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Default Should I or should i not?

I will be getting my HID kit in by next week i cant wait, 5000k, and was wondering if i should get angel eyes or not i don't want to risk taking the headlights apart and then next thing you know i cant get them back togethor or even worse they fog up after there back on the car. I want to take the orange rflector out of them and add halos but i dont know..

Old 02-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Should I or should i not?

I feel your pain, Bro. It is a bit scary to take apart an expensive and completely functional partto do an appearance mod.
That said, I'm a big believer in combining as many related "repairs" as possible. Since you will almost certainly have to remove the front bumper cover and headlights to install the HID kit, now would be the perfect time to do them both... but expect to make a full day of it.

I think they would both be a nice addition to your ride, 2.0.

I have done neither of these mods to my owmcar, but know many others that have. Here are the suggestions I have to offer based on that knowledge:
If you have one available to use, I am told a heat gun is the better choice, and keep it moving, rather than the oven method. Keep a close eye on the plastic lens so as not to bubble or distort it.I know one guy (and he's not stupid either) that meltedone headlight using the oven method.
Use clear silicone to attach the DDE's rather than the double stick tape many of these kits come with. The tape will discolor (brown) and lose it's stick after a while and you'll end up doing it all over again.
The headlights already have an open "filtered" drain in them, so water infiltration is not an issue.
As far as reassembly is concerned, I have not heard/read any real horror stories. It's pretty straightforward.

Best of luck!! And remember... [sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 02-14-2008, 09:08 AM

i tihnk i may have to make a day project sometime this summer and do angle eyes on my car.
the end result is just so awesome.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Lev

When i saw the angel eyes on a 3, I was ready to buy them. Then i saw the installation process. When i saw the picture of the headlight in the oven,I thought, maybe next time. I still want to put them on, but i have a shaking headlight issue that will not go away. I am going to replace both of my headlamp units and when i do that i might have the courage to get and install the angel eyes. If it is a pain in the *** to install,just remember that the end result will make it worth any obtacle you had. Good luck.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

I agree w/both of you.They are cool to look at/
And I too thought of trying to buy a second set of HL's as a just in case. Even used it's too much $$$ for my budget on a maybe.
I was also hoping that someone would come out with an LED versio by now. Longer life, less brittle/sensitive and should be an easier install too!
But Ineed to balance my appearance mods (less important) w/my performancemods (more important.)

Old 02-14-2008, 12:11 PM

...yea im more of a performance type guy and the heating part is the only thing that is killing me....and the part of taking the bumper off a new car...i dont want to take the bumper off and then put it back on and it looks funny or looks as if it was repaired from an accedent....that is also why i started this thread because IF i do take the bumper off and take headlights off why not put angel eyes in them while im at it....the hell with it though i'll add angel eyes when i have some more money for right now back to performance.. i will just add the 5k HID system and then comes performance, performance, performance, then last looks. I don't mind driving a sh!itty looking but if it performs good and is fast then i'll buy it and would enjoy it and make everyone with there pimped out rides or mustangs and other cars look like a joke.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Don't let the bumper cover scareyou. It's really not that hard, and easy to re-align on the install. There is only one way to put it back on.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:57 PM

well i have taken my altimas bumper off many times but i mentioned the alignment because on the altima one side is perfect the other side has a little bit more of a gap by the hood/grill.