Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.
View Poll Results: A poll
NISSAN ALTIMA
16.67%
MAZDA3
83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

should i get an 08 mazda3 or should i stick with my 06 altima

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Default should i get an 08 mazda3 or should i stick with my 06 altima

SHOULD I STICK WITH MY 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA OR SHOULD I GET A 2008 MAZDA 3

Old 03-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: should i get an 08 mazda3 or should i stick with my 06 altima

Thatquestion is impossible for anyone to answerbut you.
Mazda3's are nice for some things, a compromise for others.
Why would you get rid of a 2 yr old Altima?
There are many questions unanswered in your post.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:37 PM

The Altima is a nice car, and in a totally different class than the Mazda 3.
With that said, you are on a Mazda Site so get the Mazda 3 [8D]

Old 03-25-2008, 10:59 PM

i have an altima the 2.5 though, i hope the 2.5 is the one your thinking about trading. I like the way the altima accelerates its real aggressive, the altima or almost most nissans have a sound change after 4500k, that engine screams and sounds really aggressive. The mazda 3 on the other hand doesn't do that but nissan owners have an advantage of our transmissions which make it not so boring to drive and get a bit more power since we have cvtc. the mazda 3 has a totally diff look. More of a gas saver and a punch of power, its a little peppy car compared to the altima. you will save gas on a mazda 3 compared to the altima from the observations i made when i first got the mazda 3, sorry for all the repititions but im typing fast. The mazda 3 has a lot better handling, it is so dam fun to drive, i say go with the mazda 3 you have a bit of power, you have a fun car, you have the looks. The altima is so dam heavy and is more based on luxury in my opinion compared to the mazda 3. If your altima is in manual though i'd consider keeping it since im a nissan fan if not then i'd go with the 3 in manual. sort of a hard decission to make though in my opinion...like siber express said its totally diff class. and yea why are you getting rid of a 2yr old car.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Siber Express

The Altima is a nice car, and in a totally different class than the Mazda 3.
With that said, you are on a Mazda Site so get the Mazda 3
[8D]

Ken (Siber Express) just highlighted two of the points I was thinking myself.

Altima is a mid-sized car, not a compact as is the Mazda3.

And you ARE on a Mazda site, talking to Mazda owners. It's safe to say that we're a lil' biased in our thinking.

Also, you don't state why you would get rid of (trade) such a new and nice car as the Altima? What your finances are like, your driving style, hauling needs, etc....
Are you looking @ the HB or the sedan?
Do you want to race it on the w/e's or would it be a family hauler/grocery getter?
Do you prefer a stiffer suspension and a sportier car?
Planning a family?
Have a family? Etc, etc, etc....
With all this in mind, and more that I haven't even touched on, I could not bring myself to vote in your pole question. My vote would be too biased w/such an open-ended question.

BTW: I've alwaysliked the name Elizabeth... for a woman, of course. (Back-off, guys!! )

Old 03-26-2008, 09:39 AM

I'm thinking you should get a Phantom Purple Mica 5 door.....[sm=happybounce.gif]

But thats just me...OOO and Siber Express...

Old 03-26-2008, 03:12 PM

i think you should get a MS3 Hatch in a nice bright red with leather and the hole 9; and get the rims powder coated black.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 AM

i am sorry i did leave it at such an open ended question. well my situation is kinda a rough one to speak of. i bought my car (the altima) about 6 months ago actually (so its even worse that i want to trade it in i know just listen to my story) in october my husband and i were having some problems and i decided that i was going to leave him. well we had only one car and it was in his mothers name (so me thinking im going out on my own and i dont even have a vehicle to drive) i decide to get a car. well at the time i couldnt really afford a new car so i opted to buy a used car. well i got i think the ****tiest deal possible. im 21 (20 at the time this happened) and a sucker that they seen coming from 5 miles away. well i seen the altima that i have now and i wasnt taking no for an answer i wanted this car (more than i wanted to get away form my husband) i ended up of course buying my car. i ended up paying 17500 for a 2006 altima with 40000+ miles my intrest rate was 14.75% and my payments were 450 a month (yes im very nieve i knew no better) well me and my husband got back together a few months later and he resigned the car with me (to get me a lower intrest rate) i now have an intrest rate of 9% and my payments went down to 365 a month and my insurance went down by 300. well i was just pondering one day knowing i was getting screwed on my 06 i started looking into new cars (2008) because i thought to myself why get screwed on an old(er) car when i can be getting screwed on a brand new car and i would much rather have a brand new car with low miles and i can get a better intrest rate on a new car (because of incentives and what not) but i just thought i would fill you guys in a little bit more on my situation dont get me wrong i love my car i just always like the mazdas

and on reply to virgin1 no children and not planning on any with in the next 5 years and im to chicken to race any vehicle

Old 04-01-2008, 01:22 AM

also sorry about all the (........) (........) (.........) i know it gets annoying!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:28 PM

get your self a reg mazda 3 then, you'll like it. You'll save on gas too and its affordable.

Quick Reply: should i get an 08 mazda3 or should i stick with my 06 altima