Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Automatic door lock does not lock.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 07:59 AM
Default Automatic door lock does not lock.

The door locks on my 2006 Mazda 6 used to lock automatically after the car reached a certain speed. Maybe a week ago they stopped locking automatically.

I can still operate the door locks otherwise. The fob works. The interior handles work. So do the buttons next to handles.

I found a website somewhere that recommends a pattern for resetting the automatic locking. The website says to turn the ignition to "ON," push the interior door-lock button to "lock" within eight seconds, listen for a beep, and then press the interior door-lock button to "unlock" three times. I have tried this procedure several times, but I do not hear the beep, and the procedure has had no effect. The locks still do not operate automatically when the car reaches the specified speed.

Does anyone know how to reset the automatic door lock? TIA

Old 09-17-2019, 03:36 PM

Here is an update. The remote control on the key fob has stopped working, too. I cannot lock or unlock the doors with the fob. The fob does not release the trunk lid, either.

I suspect that the problem is in whatever is in the car that controls the locks, because I replaced the battery in the fob.