Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

mazda 3 sport power locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Default mazda 3 sport power locks not working

hey i just purchased a 2007 mazda 3 about 2 days ago...just noticed the driver's side door does not lock with the key fob. I can lock it myself. Just wondering if anyone knows if there was a recall based on this? and how to go about getting it fixed, as im the 2nd owner and there is no warranty, does that matter?

Old 08-20-2011, 01:25 AM

sounds like the fob has to be reprogrammed that or the lock actuators are bad

Old 08-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Well if the remote needed to be reprogrammed then none of the other doors would be locking. Same goes for the KEU since if it wasn't working nothing would work via the remote. It's possible that it's either the actuator itself, the connection to the lock, or the wiring to the actuator. Pop the plastic door panel off and see if you can see/hear the actuator trying to pop the lock. Also that way you can check the connections to everything at the same time. If the actuator isn't firing at all check the wiring to make sure it's actually getting voltage. If it is hot but still won't fire then that's probably the problem.

I assume from all of this that you can manually lock it via the switch inside the door, right?

Old 08-21-2011, 01:46 PM

thanks all. I can see the lock trying to move when I press the fob but it needs help. Seems sticky. When I push it myself it takes a bit of force but then it locks kinda makes a loud thud when it succumbs. It's not a huge deal just means I have to remember to look it manually which does kinda suck cause I just got rid of my old manual everythingbeater of a car. Ho hum. Also there is no way I'll be popping off the door panel I'm a girly girl and know I'll make a huge mess or break a nail . Thanks again!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Hmm. If you're feeling resistance then it could either be something is loose or something needs lubrication.... or something is broken. Or either of the first two caused the third.

Do you feel the resistance when you lock the door with the key or just when you push the lock on the inside of the door?

Removing the inner panel is actually really easy. It's held on by two screws and about 8-10 plastic pop clips then it slides up enough for you to unplug the wires behind it. I'm not saying you have to disassemble it and play around with stuff, but I hate to see things not work the way they're supposed to.