Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

took a 2015 CX-5 home last night on borrow kid locked him self inside...

Old 05-20-2014, 08:30 AM
Default took a 2015 CX-5 home last night on borrow kid locked him self inside...

My wife was not with me and this would be for her, so the dealer let me take home to show her. My question is, can you change the features of how the key reacts with the inner locks? My 2 year crawled right in to check out the new whip. The key was in the cup holder, I closed the door to go open drivers for my wife and the toddler picked up the key and hit lock. Once you do this from the inside, the door unlock buttons go dead. That is a terrible feature. The FOB lock button shouldn't work from inside if anything was to happen. Luckily AAA was 10 min a way and got in with an inflatable bag and a stick to grab the handle. Pretty sure not even the unlock button on FOB works after lock is pressed inside, only grabbing handle does.... CAN THIS BE CHANGED?!?! thanks

Old 05-20-2014, 04:03 PM

There are lock settings in the menu that can be changed in lots of ways but not sure if someone hitting the lock button from the inside can prevent the doors from locking since that worked as intended. My last car wouldn't lock if the fob was in the car and I think this one has the same feature but it may need to be enabled?? I accidentally set mine to lock after I get out and the door closes and so far I think its a pretty good feature since I don't have to remember to lock it and should remember to lock it when I leave it in the garage at night.