Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2015 M3 Key Fob won't work after 1 hour

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Default 2015 M3 Key Fob won't work after 1 hour

NO-it's not the battery because I can start the car once inside!

So I set the proximity lock on door handle and went into work. Came out 8 hrs later & the Fob doesn't work on doors/trunk. Nothing, dead. Once i get the skeleton key to open door, the car will start & everything is fine. Fob works for doors/locks. This has happened the past 3 days. If I set the lock in my garage & try it up to +1 hour. later, all good. Any ideas??

Last edited by paanM3; 10-01-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Once you hop in, I assume you just press the start button with your finger & it starts normally?

If you turn it off, hop out & try to lock it via the remote, what happens?

or

If you turn it off, hop out & try to lock it via the door handle button, what happens?

How often does this happen at work? Does it happen anywhere else over a long time period?

Old 10-01-2017, 08:16 PM

Once you hop in, I assume you just press the start button with your finger & it starts normally?

for the 1st time yesterday, the car wouldn't start.
Once I hit the door unlock button on the door, it started

I can run the car, get out, & it locks fine.

I just checked @ 1 hour & it unlocks/locks

This happened the past 3 days at work.

Last edited by paanM3; 10-01-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

There might be something around your work interfering with the radio signal between the remote & the car ( car must read the remote before the handle button will unlock the car).

Keep us informed, & if it plays up at other locations.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:57 AM

It happens anywhere/everywhere.
It happened to my wife when she went shopping(30 miles away)
It happens in my garage, as I set the lock before I went to bed & it wouldn't unlock this AM.
It happens at work.

It must be a time-delay sensor?? Once time elapses past a certain point, the Fob is shut-down. Scratching my head on this one....

Old 10-03-2017, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Isn't your car still under warranty?

Old 10-03-2017, 09:30 AM

Nope- due to a Rebuilt Title.

Interesting news- I had the same issue yesterday, so I tried something different.
I parked my car in the garage & set the lock around 4. Before bed 10ish, I tried to open the door, nothing. So I just kept pressing the door handle button like 10 times, then the lights flashed & the door opened. Not sure why it takes 10 pushes instead of 1, but I don't have to use the Skeleton key now. I'd still like to know why it changed though...

Old 10-06-2017, 04:10 PM

**** went South yesterday morning. Got in my car and the ignition button is flashing green, not good. Car would not start. Went inside and grabbed a spare fob, same deal. Now I'm panicking! Got out & started pressing the door handle button aggressively and the car went into a Beeping Mode. Unknown to me is that I initiated locking the door with my 1st key Fob inside. M3s do not like this & beeps persistently to warn you of this issue. Then out of the blue the horn chirps/headlights flash just like normal. So I hop inside & the car starts right up. Locks at work with the Fob & it's all good. I replaced both Fob batteries, just in case & now all is good.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:17 PM

I have just started having a similar issue on my 15 Mazda3. However, it seems to only happen in the mornings when I am leaving my house for work. The keyless entry won't work (using the door handle button), and I go to hit the unlock button on my keyfob, but nothing happens. I have to unlock the door with the key, and then the car starts right up when I'm in. When leaving work to head home in the afternoon, I have no issues using the keyless entry.

After replacing the key fob batteries, everything seems to be working fine now?

Old 10-20-2017, 01:54 PM

Correct, BUT I did try to lock the door with a Fob inside(M3 do not like this!)by accident.
This might have reset the system because I heard a Beep
after hitting the button on the door about 25 times!