Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 stereo - AUX not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Default Mazda3 stereo - AUX not working

Hi all,

New user here. Had my 2010 Mazda3 Grand Touring w/ tech package for about 3 weeks and have been listening to music on my IPhone via Bluetooth. However, I am having an issue where sometimes when I press the "AUX" button on the stereo console, nothing happens....for example, I'm listening to the radio, but then want to switch over to the IPhone, so I press AUX, and get.....nothing. It doesn't switch over and nothing changes on the screen.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything that I'm doing wrong? I just activated my Sirius subscription yesterday, would that have anything to do with this? However, I think I may have even had this issue one other time last week before I activated Sirius.

Thanks in advance for the help/advice.

Greg

Old 01-20-2010, 10:05 PM

I have a '10 with Tech and doubt the Sirius is interfering. So you are going to AUX to listen to the IPhone via BT? You're saying it works some of the time but not all of the time? I want to be sure I understand the issue.

I use AUX for my Ipod but I have the Ipod interface module so that is a different animal as it is a wired connection.

When this happens, do you see the phone/music icons on the display. If not, you may have a pairing issue.

My phone has BT but I have not tried streaming music via BT to the car. I will have to try that and see if I run into issues like you describe.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Default aux plug

I too have a problem with Aux plug. I have base '10 mazda 3. The dealer has replaced radio 2 times now. It will work for short time then plug goes out. I use I-Phone, DVD and Sirius radio through Aux plug.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:02 AM

New user here. Had my 2010 Mazda3 Grand Touring w/ tech package for about 3 weeks and have been listening to music on my IPhone via Bluetooth. However, I am having an issue where sometimes when I press the "AUX" button on the stereo console, nothing happens....for example, I'm listening to the radio, but then want to switch over to the IPhone, so I press AUX, and get.....nothing. It doesn't switch over and nothing changes on the screen.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Emerson
See my post below to the other member with the same issue. When this happens, look and see if you have the phone and music note icons on the display. If not, you've lost the BT connection from the car to the phone. Also, go into the BT settings on the IPhone (I assume you know where this is because I don't have one) and see if it reports to be connected to the car. If the connections are there, I'd say you will be heading to the dealer for some warranty work.