Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Fan not working Rear Defroster not working.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Default Fan not working Rear Defroster not working.

2000 protege, blower motor not working. I thought it might be the blower motor but the ac green light wont turn on when pressed in and rear defroster wont light up or work when pressed in. Could it be the blower motor resistor? I have check the fuses in the car, I didnt mess with any fuses under the hood as I dont know what I would look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-08-2019, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by CanAva
2000 protege, blower motor not working. I thought it might be the blower motor but the ac green light wont turn on when pressed in and rear defroster wont light up or work when pressed in. Could it be the blower motor resistor? I have check the fuses in the car, I didnt mess with any fuses under the hood as I dont know what I would look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, did you ever figure this out?

Thanks!

Old 06-09-2019, 07:35 AM

Hello! Did you check the relays? they are small boxes that plug in similarly to a fuse, the diagram should help you find it, i personally wouldn't go replacing relays ***** nilly because they can get expensive if you buy a ton. If its not the relay i would test the blower with a 12v probe or wire (BE CAREFUL)! and if it turns on then the blower is still good. then i would test the resistor for continuity with a multi-meter along with the switch on the console. hope this helps! also if you feel at all uncomfortable testing the blower in the way i described do not risk causing damage please, i just didn't want you to have to spend the extra cash.