Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

iPod/AUX connection to my factory stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Default iPod/AUX connection to my factory stereo?

Did a search, but couldn't find the info I need. I have a 2003 6 with a factory stereo and I want to add some kind of connection for my iPhone; be it an iPod connection or a standard connection. Since Mazda doesn't make anything, I'm having trouble finding something I know will work.

I have the Bose system and 6 CD changer, but nothing where the cassette/minidisc option is, so I know there's some kind of open connection on my stereo. I spoke with a local dealer, but they couldn't give me any idea what kind of connection it is so I can find an aftermarket product (WTF?).

If anyone can give me the specs on my factory stereo's connections or, better yet, an aftermarket product that will work with my stereo, I would appreciate it.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Default RE: iPod/AUX connection to my factory stereo?

Check out this site: http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/It may have what you're looking for, as it plugs into the port for the casette deck. It allows for 3.5mm jack, so you wouldn't get any kind of remote control, but you would get music.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Default RE: iPod/AUX connection to my factory stereo?

ORIGINAL: fleurya

Did a search, but couldn't find the info I need. I have a 2003 6 with a factory stereo and I want to add some kind of connection for my iPhone; be it an iPod connection or a standard connection. Since Mazda doesn't make anything, I'm having trouble finding something I know will work.

I have the Bose system and 6 CD changer, but nothing where the cassette/minidisc option is, so I know there's some kind of open connection on my stereo. I spoke with a local dealer, but they couldn't give me any idea what kind of connection it is so I can find an aftermarket product (WTF?).

If anyone can give me the specs on my factory stereo's connections or, better yet, an aftermarket product that will work with my stereo, I would appreciate it.
I have a 2004 6 love the car. I am just now starting to do some things to it to make it my own. I started with the audio upgrades first. I love the way that the dash looks with the factory radio, looks very clean and slick. I did not want to change the radio and it seems that every shop I went to was always pushing me to change the radio. After many many many hours of digging around on the internet I came across what I was needing. It is the i-Mazda-R from DICE Electronics.

It plugs into the cd changer port of the radio, and gives me control of the iPod from the radio. Works great, andsounds great