Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HID Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:51 AM
Default RE: HID Kit Installation

No. Lows and fogs. But the fogs are in the process of getting retro'd. I'f I leved out in the ccountry with very little traffic highs might be worth it. But unless you can leave your HID's on for awhile (it's not good to flash them) then it's not worth it.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Lev

ORIGINAL: Operator

No. Lows and fogs. But the fogs are in the process of getting retro'd. I'f I leved out in the ccountry with very little traffic highs might be worth it. But unless you can leave your HID's on for awhile (it's not good to flash them) then it's not worth it.
I had HID's for my high beams. They were 5000k. When they were on, it would take time to warm up, but thenI saw the full effect.Everthing was illuminated and very clear. My bro has an 07 GTI, andit has bi-xenon headlamps. I took his car out for a spin, at night, to see what they looked like, andI was a little disappointed. My high beams, with the HID's, illuminated more. I live out in the country, so i can leave the high beamson for awhile. When i would forget to shut them off, nobody would even flash. I thought they would be cursing me out, but i never got one flash. I have a tendency to forget that my brights are on, because i never use them (I got pulled over once, no ticket.) I aimed the low beams a little higher, without blinding on-coming drivers, and with HID's in them, theyproject far and cover a wide distance. I went back to the halogen high beams, because I don't know what kind of damage the two kits will do to the car. I put a relay harness for my low beams, so i feel safer with those. Can i put anotherrelay harnessin?

As for my fogs, I have halogen. I just purchased LED fogs and am awaiting for their arrival. Theyare $40, about the same price as silverstars. I wasn't even considering modifying my fogs until i came across these while searching for interior LED's. Ihave my interior and fogLED's on their way and will post pics ASAP.

Operator, do your headlamps shake when you go over bumps? I've had thisproblem ever sinceI put the HID's in. The bulbsare in there really tight.I thought it might be the projector beam, butI felt it, and everything is tight. It frustrates me because i hate seeing them shake. It makes the car look cheaply built. It's not the Kit or bulbs, because i bought a new kit and it still shakes. I am thinking of getting two new headlamp units, but they're about $200 a pop. It will be great ifI can avoid doing that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:41 PM

I got my HID's in today and installed them without taking the bumper off!!!