Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HID Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Default RE: HID Kit Installation

Well just to make things easier. I've yet to take off my bumper for an HID install (and I've changed mine out a few times). So that should ease your worries. As for the spacer order from here and he sends out spacers with the kit. http://www.xenonexpert.com/

Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

David!! Welcome back, my friend!!
I've read that it makes it easier and that the ballasts can then be hidden behind it as well as closer to the headlights.
Where have you mounted yours?

I've been looking at these lately.... http://www.therpmstore.com/product_i...roducts_id=336but have to write and ask if they have the adapters for the stupid Mazda H7's. [:@][:@] Damned adapters. Stupid idea. [:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 02-14-2008, 11:58 AM

I can find out if i can get the adapters for people who need them here for 15$ shipped ...but thats if my wholesaler will give them to me without buying the HID kit.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmm. A little steep, perhaps, butnot bad. And if you need them, you need them, right?

Old 02-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

2.0! I've been lookingfor this on andoff all day for you. It's an install guide for HID's written by a forum meber on another site.
Check it out. You may realize it's easier than you think, if not time consuming.
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.ph...;topicseen#new

Old 02-14-2008, 06:56 PM

well im not even making money on it, he charged me 6.00 per adapter when i baught the 5k kit from him...nowonly prob isi dont know if he will still sell me the adapters seperatley though.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry Man, I wasn't trying to accuse you of making money on us,just that $15 for what amounts to 2 small pieces of plastic (worth about .50) is a little steep.
I wouldn't second guess your intentions.I feel I'vegotten to knowyou a little bit these last several days and that your intentions wouldbe nothing short of honorable.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

David!! Welcome back, my friend!!
I've read that it makes it easier and that the ballasts can then be hidden behind it as well as closer to the headlights.
Where have you mounted yours?

Mind you I have 50w and 35w HID ballast. And survey before you drop the bumper. I'm almost sure you'll be able to install them cleanly.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:55 PM

yea man im learning from you guys specially virgin, so i'd deffenetly not try to take advantage. I don't blame you, i felt like that too, I work at a phone shop, accessories that people buy for their phones like holsters and cases and what not don't cost us no more than 2$ each....stores sell for up to $30.00.... our store on the other hand its $20.00 since me being asst manager i managed to bring prices a bit lower add a little extra heat, but unless i think the customer is trying to be an *** then why not make a little extra cash [8D] Thanks for the link virgin, its a blessing to see pics of the steps being done makes things a lot easier.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

No sweat Man....

Operator, You're running HID's in both your low and high beams?? I know you did that projector swap but I was under the (mistaken?) impression that you switched out the 35's in the low beams for that mod?

Quick Reply: HID Kit Installation