Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HID Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Default HID Kit Installation

I will be getting an HID kit soon maybe 4300k or 5000k havn't decided yet but I know i do not want to go above 6k since i have 6k on my altima... how would i go about doing that anyone have a tutorial or step by step instructions on this...I do not want to take my bumper off.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HID Kit Installation

You won't have much choice. Besides the front bumper is not hard to remove at all. I don't know which model/trim you have but it's easier than you might think. I'm told it makes the installation much, much easier.
The best advise I know to give is to make sure the kit you buy is designed for the Mazda3 and has/comes withthe correct adapters for the new bulbs, or they'll just flop around in there.
BTW: I applaud you for not wanting to "go blue" as so many others have. The useful output of HID's below 6K is much improved over the 8~10K's.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:13 PM

yea i have a buddy with 12k in his car....not so great for performance. I will be going for a pure white color this time....where would i get a kit that was designed for my mazda3, i supply HID kits and my supplier gets them from germany not a name brand but you can compare them to a name brand i can get one of those kits for like 100$ depending on how many i buy. i have the base model m3 with ABS thats it...........nothing special but what more can you ask for 14 grand out the door and zero miles.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Ah, Prolumen (I believe Dentinger has these in his) and M-Tec (I've had my eye on those, but $$$$) are the two that I know of, but there is at least one other.
You need the spacer/adapter to hold the conversion bulb tight to the HL housing and so the clip presses against it. It takes the place of the stock adapter currently plugged into your H7's.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 PM

dam i think im confused here...doesnt the kits come with that little spacer or w/e... the spacer that you are talking about is the black thing around the current bulb in my headlights?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Lev

http://www.thexenonstore.com/HID.php There's also other things for mazda 3's on that site. I got a pair of 5000ks from there. Easy install. It's all plug and play and the bulbs fit the car. I got the relay harness too, as a precaution. That was also another easy install. The light output of the 5000k looks blue to oncoming cars, but when you're behind the wheel, its more yellow. i compare it to a clearer, brighter halogen bulb. It sounds weird but once the lights are in, you will see what im talking about.I had 8000k and 6000k in the car too. The 8000ks looked awesome, but they tired my eyes out. The 6000ks also looked good but i like the way OEM HID's look so i got the 5000ks. Good luck

Old 02-06-2008, 10:20 PM

those are pretty dam expensive......i'd rather change my bulbs for the time being and put some silverstars in there or something to give it that HID LOOK at least and get a bit better performance than stock ones.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Don't bother wasting your money on upgraded halogen bulbs. You might get a bit of the look but you're getting none of the performance of HIDs. Just save up and get HIDs when you can afford them.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:56 PM

so basically the regular H7 HID kit that i can get for cheap price will not work out... since it doesn't have the spacer on it...can anyone show me what the spacer looks like? is it the big black adapter type piece around the current bulb?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: icspots

Don't bother wasting your money on upgraded halogen bulbs. You might get a bit of the look but you're getting none of the performance of HIDs. Just save up and get HIDs when you can afford them.

What he said. ^ ^ ^ And I will add the old saw, "You get what you pay for."

Quick Reply: HID Kit Installation