Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

HID's Installation on a 2000 Millenium Edition!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Exclamation HID's Installation on a 2000 Millenium Edition!

Hello guys, Im new here. I've been looking up on how to install and HID kit my silver 2000 ME. I love my millenia. I haven't had ANY problems with it. When I test drove it the TCS/4W ABS light came on. Dealer replaced the module for free. Any who, the car has 50K on it and I baby it. It's never drove hard or anything. I want the supercharger to last me as long as it can. I use 5w-30 synthetic oil.

I just want to know where would I stick the ballast at for my headlights and fogs? It LOOKS pretty difficult, but I doubt it. I want to do 5K-6K HIDs. 5k looks damn good. 6k will be a little more blue. But any help on that WILL be greatly appreciated.

Oh and one more thing. I was looking through the owners manual and it says I should have the timing belt/spark plugs changed every 60K and/or drive belts @ 105K unless INITIALLY registered in these states. (It had a few states listed in the footnote and the car came from a mazda dealer in Pennsylvania.) I'm sure I'll get it done @ 60-70K. I'm thinking about taking it to the dealer... I stay in Northwest florida and you don't see many on the road and i'm not sure about these garage shops around here... The car was a one owner who moved from PA to Lynn Haven, Fl. So the car is VERY clean. I keep it waxed and detailed etc. Sorry to blab on and stuff, just a little concerned about the maintenance and HIDs. I've heard stuff about the Supercharger seals failing... The dealer in Pensacola told me they've never had to do work on one. But ok enough for now. Any help will be awesome!

David
Silver 2000 Mazda Millenia ME

Old 08-20-2009, 04:28 PM

Dave,

I installed HID's on my 99 Milly and placed the ballasts right on the fuse boxes. I just drilled a couple of holes right through the plastic and so far so good. I just could not find a better place to put them.

I'm sure this is probably not the smartest place for them, but if it works...it works.

Best,
Y