Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

automatic transmission range sensor/ neutral safety switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 03:37 PM
Default automatic transmission range sensor/ neutral safety switch

I have a 2006 mazda 3. I recently had the transmission rebuilt and since then this problem started. The mechanic put in two neutral safety switches and the problem of the car not starting in park or neutral continued. I would have to move the shifter around from park to neutral and back again then it would start. I could even move the cable by hand after taking it off of the shifter and push the cable forward enough and it would start. So i adjusted the cable and attached it back on the shifter it worked for one day. So i just bought a new cable and a new neutral safety switch and took it to a transmission shop and let them put it on for me. Well it worked for two days and then i had to move the shifter from park to neutral and back to park and it would start. Then I could move it to the right as if i was going to move it to drive and it would start. Now it wont start at all no matter where i move the shifter. Just wondering if any one has any ideas that i could try. Is something blowing the neutral safety switches? I am going to buy another Neutral safety switch and put it on and see if it will start, before i take it back to the transmission shop and ask for their help in getting this solved. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks