Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! My CX-5 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 09:12 AM

Why is OP messing with vehicle that should still be under warranty? Did the warranty just expire?

Old 06-23-2023, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by kilroy22
Why is OP messing with vehicle that should still be under warranty? Did the warranty just expire?
Why ask this question? What does it have anything to do with the OP question? LOL

Old 06-23-2023, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by shahnc6
2 brand new batteries have been put into it now
Not that it a has any relevance to your Mazda but at an RV Dealership I worked at for a short time a customer came in for new batteries. We went through as i recall 6 load testing each one before finding 4 that passed the load test. This is not uncommon just not talked about because most people don't understand that new batteries will age sitting on a shelf unused and not maintained. So it is possible that you had more then one less then good NEW batteries?

Testing the charging system on new Mazda is not without a skillset and proper testing equipment. So many retail outlets that offer charging system check do not perform the check properly. This should only be done with a trained individual and not a rookie . mainly because the ECU controls the charging rate not a standard voltage regulator which most are use to on vehicles.

Old 06-25-2023, 01:23 PM
Default Thanks for the help

I got my Mazda started finally and it's running great. I had my original battery go bad due to some poor connections at the terminal. I believe this also probably arched my starter bc it was bad as well. I replaced both without fixing the connection issue so the new battery ultimately drained and went bad as well. after this happened the shop researched and learned about the possibility that the connection could be loose. after cleaning up all my connections i've not had any issues starting it. It was all covered by my warranty so i'm only down the money I spent on the new battery. I was stressed out a bit but I was glad to have this forum to go to ! appreciate all the replies 👍🏼

Old 06-25-2023, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by shahnc6
I got my Mazda started finally and it's running great. I had my original battery go bad due to some poor connections at the terminal. I believe this also probably arched my starter bc it was bad as well. I replaced both without fixing the connection issue so the new battery ultimately drained and went bad as well. after this happened the shop researched and learned about the possibility that the connection could be loose. after cleaning up all my connections i've not had any issues starting it. It was all covered by my warranty so i'm only down the money I spent on the new battery. I was stressed out a bit but I was glad to have this forum to go to ! appreciate all the replies 👍🏼
Thanks for reporting back after solving the problem. This helps others who may have similar problems.