Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! My CX-5 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 02:42 PM

Funny how when the aftermarket Performance parts offered OEM American engines starter that did not fail like OEM and as far as I can recall I never warrantied one either? Accel was the fore runner to offere them.
Then Mildon and Moroso offered a Mitsubishi starter conversion which was by far better in all aspect then anything American engineered up to that point!
I still own a few VHS,and also RCA disc movies if anyone remembers them> For the time and even now if you compare a UHDVD the old disc were better. Oh and O also own Cassetts, and even 2 times of * tracks the standard and also the rare Quad sound 8 track tapes. You would really impress the sheet out of me if anyone remember them. Pink Floyd Money was my al;l time favorite to play in my 1966 2DR Buick LaSabre. Yes 2 door! I better be careful cuz nimbus may reconsider my age group? rolmao!

I bought this when it first came out.... later pulled from the market and repackaged. If you know anything about Disney products and some of their movies then you know why.

Old 06-20-2023, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
If you know anything about Disney products and some of their movies then you know why.

Yup that's why Disney sucks now and is losing a ton of $$$ lmao

Old 06-20-2023, 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=Callisto;216984] Oh and O also own Cassetts, and even 2 times of * tracks the standard and also the rare Quad sound 8 track tapes. You would really impress the sheet out of me if anyone remember them. Pink Floyd Money was my al;l time favorite to play in my 1966 2DR Buick LaSabre /QUOTE]

When I was in high school, my father bought a 1964 chevy pick-up that had a Muntz 4-track tape player.
The thing was chrome with an open deck and it was a huge knee banger for whoever set in the middle.
I installed a Blaupunkt (remember those) stereo/cassette player in my 2-door 1973 Firebird Formula and Dark Side of The Moon tape got a lot of play.
I've seen every Pink Floyd plus Gilmour and Waters US tours since their first one in 1968 at the Boston Tea Party also saw Zeppelin for the first there the following year.

Old 06-21-2023, 10:03 AM

Lobstah ...yes I do remember and I had a NewYorker in one of my cars. I still own one of there better amps. I would get a picture of it but unfortunately it is not easy to get to. You knew it was quality because it weighs about 2-3 lbs LOL

Alex.... The VHS pictured from your response I am not sure you understood why on that movie they changed the packaging?
Its called suggestive imagery.
Why Was The Original Cover Of 'The Little Mermaid' VHS Banned? - Sentient Post

Last edited by Callisto; 06-21-2023 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-21-2023, 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=Callisto;216999]The VHS pictured from your response I am not sure you understood why on that movie they changed the packaging?
Its called suggestive imagery./QUOTE]
I thought you were joking about how they made the "new" one now with different actors lmao. My bad.

Old 06-22-2023, 04:35 PM
Default Starting Troubles Continue

Hello i've now replaced the battery and starter. I got it to run for a couple days then again no start.

Click when I press the start button and nothing else.

I just got this vehicle in April. What would y'all do in this situation?

Old 06-22-2023, 05:40 PM

Assumiong that you have a good battery? This can only really be verified if you had a load test!
What is the static voltage
What is the start voltage
What is the charging rate @ idle and at 2500 RPM

Old 06-22-2023, 10:35 PM

2 brand new batteries have been put into it now

Old 06-22-2023, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by shahnc6
2 brand new batteries have been put into it now
Did they check the alternator and look for excessive power drains when the engine is off?

Last edited by schmieg; 06-22-2023 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

Has the vehicle been scanned for fault codes?
Have you tried replacing the battery in the remote?
Have you tried starting the vehicle by pressing the remote into the start button? ( instead of just pushing the start button with your finger)
Have you tried swapping out the starter relay?

Quick Reply: Help! My CX-5 wont start