Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front struts and rear suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 07:22 AM
Default front struts and rear suspension

Well it looks like its about that time my ride is a 2014 cx5 grand touring and she has about 108,000 the ride has been kinda bumpy and i hear clunking noise almost every time I hit a good bump . i would like to attempt to replace the front struts my self . my mechanic told my that my sway bar links could be causing the clunk should i replace these as well ? I need some recommendations on a good place to buy them online I have used rockauto in the past I dont' want to spend a ton of money but i don't want to buy the cheapest ones either any idea's gonna replace the rear as well the sway bar links in the back already came apart so I definitely need to replace those .

Old 09-07-2023, 08:54 AM

I'm not going to be much help.
There are a host of places to get what you are looking for and people here will chime in on their favorite places and products.
However, they are all based on personal opinions, driving habits and the definition of a "ton of money" which differs with everyone based on their income.
First you need to decide what you are going to replace and how much you want to spend to do it.
Once you do that you can selectively choose the supplier who best fit your needs.
I can tell you that OEM or OEM quality-based parts will likely be your least expensive as any good performance replacement systems will be more expensive.

Old 09-07-2023, 10:21 AM

K.I.S.S.= keep it simple stupid

If it is just a run of the mill "mechanic" you trust, then go to Rock Auto and get your parts and give them to the mechanic to install. Don't forget after that many suspension replacement parts you will need an alignment.

Rock Auto parts have great description on most of them so you can get a idea of what to expect. But for simple replacement front struts, rear shock and sway bar bushing it is pretty straight forward for you MAZDA model and the miles on it and what you use and have used it for so far when choosing parts.

Old 09-08-2023, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
K.I.S.S.= keep it simple stupid

If it is just a run of the mill "mechanic" you trust, then go to Rock Auto and get your parts and give them to the mechanic to install. Don't forget after that many suspension replacement parts you will need an alignment.

Rock Auto parts have great description on most of them so you can get a idea of what to expect. But for simple replacement front struts, rear shock and sway bar bushing it is pretty straight forward for you MAZDA model and the miles on it and what you use and have used it for so far when choosing parts.
I live in the northeast and most of the roads I travel are in good shape , I understand that I will need an alingment if If I do the front struts but wondering if I also replace the shocks in the rear does that mean I need a rear end alingment as well ? this is an a wheel drive vehicle 2014 mazda cx5 grand touring edition

Old 09-08-2023, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by hotchocalate2022
I live in the northeast and most of the roads I travel are in good shape , I understand that I will need an alingment if If I do the front struts but wondering if I also replace the shocks in the rear does that mean I need a rear end alingment as well ? this is an a wheel drive vehicle 2014 mazda cx5 grand touring edition
No one can answer this....it must be checked either physically doing the measurement (very hard and needs experience knowing exactly how to manually do this) and a new piece of chalk tape measure and some string.... hahahahaha.. or on an alignment rack.