Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Front Suspension Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 01:27 AM
Default Front Suspension Rebuild

My 2011 Mazda 3 has 171000 miles on it I replaced my 2 front struts at a 130000 miles but I still was having suspension problems and it was still riding rough. I took my car to the Mazda dealership they said that the two front struts were incorrect and I needed front and left sway links, tire rods and new control arms. I was told by the service advisor that I I needed to replace all the parts at once otherwise a if I were to replace any part one by a time they would eventually give out I don't know how true this is can someone please let me know. I just raplaced my tire rods 3 weeks ago. Idk what to do since its going to cost alot. Any suggestions I should do? I use my car for uber also

Old 04-10-2018, 03:38 PM

He is not totally wrong and changing each one of the parts will require an alignment so changing them all at once makes $$ sense. But let's be real here: 1. Sway links: they can get really bad and even break and the ride will not change much other than during cornering. The car may oversteer or understeer if they are bad or make clunking noises. They can be changed anytime and it will not effect the others. I would replace those last unless they were totally shot (its a DIY project from rockauto) 2. tie rods and control arms definitely do them together. Those will improve the ride and control substantially. both sides at same time is required. Unless you have tools/skills, pay someone to do it. 3. Struts. How did you get incorrect ones? Not sure I believe that. IF there is no clunking or bottoming out and it can be aligned properly, I would be skeptical UNLESS some shady guy put them on. Since the car is for your livelihood (Uber) is there really a price that is too high? Just a thought.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:27 AM

The struts are both KYb but two different models and the right strut is not the right fit for the 2011 mazda.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:31 AM

Oh my! Why did you do that? They need to go as well, ASAP. Two different valved struts will make the car ride very poorly and put serious stress on the sway bar and end links. They might have contributed to the bad sway bar links and soon may cause alignment issues and tire wear problems. Its time to act.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:35 AM

I didnt know till 2 months later when the car was still driving poorly and my dads ******* mechanic was telling me the car was fine and wouldnt fix anything I kepr telling him you put the wrong parts. Im just waiting for tax money to take it to my new mechanic and just get it all done at once.

P.S He also did a **** job on my brakes

Old 04-11-2018, 02:22 PM

Mazda 3 brakes are pretty crappy to start with (don't bother flaming me guys, my opinion here) so doing a bad (sic) job is not that hard to do. LOL. Glad you are being safe and getting the suspension fixed.