Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Car washes

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 08:41 AM
CEB

Originally Posted by Callisto
Bikes never say I have a headache, never ask for money and are always ready to have you ride them. So why not!
Being that you are a objectophilia, you might be interested in meeting an old lawnmower I have sitting in the shed. She has quite a few miles on her but, I'm sure Callisto could grow to lover her. You might make for a real cute couple.

Old 08-20-2022, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
Being that you are a objectophilia, you might be interested in meeting an old lawnmower I have sitting in the shed. She has quite a few miles on her but, I'm sure Callisto could grow to lover her. You might make for a real cute couple.
I don't know about Callisto, but I find old lawn mowers usually have significant issues.
Their output is significantly reduced from their younger days
Generally, have leaking head gaskets, which can render them incapable of performing
Wheels are generally a bit wobbly which would only compound my ambulatory issues should I mow under the influence
They drip and/or leak, burn internal lubricants which makes for all sorts of issues
Their chassis usually show significant wear and tear, fading and over all generally decline
The muffler/silencer is almost always shot and being married for 48 years I don't require additional harmful decibels in my ears.

Old 10-07-2022, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by CEB
A shame??? Why remain with an inanimate object any longer than you want to or have to? Life is short. Death is long.
Life is short so trade cars in every year? I don't see how that is living. Cars have personality and you can make a connection with a car and get to know it inside and out.

Old 10-08-2022, 08:27 AM
CEB

Originally Posted by Ceramic Coated Mazda 6
Life is short so trade cars in every year? I don't see how that is living. Cars have personality and you can make a connection with a car and get to know it inside and out.
I believe you're thinking of personification my friend. Life must exist to have a personality. Why is getting a new vehicle every year not living?? Splain yourself

Old 10-08-2022, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
I believe you're thinking of personification my friend. Life must exist to have a personality. Why is getting a new vehicle every year not living?? Splain yourself
Cars have a personality because they are an extension of us. They reflect our personality as well. I understand buying cars every year. I use to do the same. It gets old once you grow up. (I'm not saying YOU, specifically)

Old 10-09-2022, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ceramic Coated Mazda 6
Cars have a personality because they are an extension of us. They reflect our personality as well. I understand buying cars every year. I use to do the same. It gets old once you grow up. (I'm not saying YOU, specifically)
Hear...Hear!
I would add that one who purchases a car every year is dreadful with money and/or has far too much of it.
They also suffer inexcusably from the inability to truly know themselves and their desires; always searching for something, a something they'll never find.
But alas, such is life, we can't all be masters of our own lives. There are after all, but a few of us special folk that can accomplish that.

Old 10-09-2022, 08:09 AM
CEB

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Hear...Hear!
I would add that one who purchases a car every year is dreadful with money and/or has far too much of it.
They also suffer inexcusably from the inability to truly know themselves and their desires; always searching for something, a something they'll never find.
But alas, such is life, we can't all be masters of our own lives. There are after all, but a few of us special folk that can accomplish that.
Lobstah......the "Mazda Forum" philosopher. You're sounding a bit silly and goofy this morning

Old 10-09-2022, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
Lobstah......the "Mazda Forum" philosopher. You're sounding a bit silly and goofy this morning
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is but a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why we call it the present.
Because a man can see, he does not look. If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future. The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
Seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.
If people did not sometimes do silly and goofy things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.

​​​​​​​