Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Car washes

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by CEB
A decent (you get what you pay for) professional ceramic coating job is going to cost $1,500 - $2,000. Just my opinion but, I can't see dumping that kind of money on a Mazda paint job.
Mazda paint is comperable to honda, toyota, ram, dodge, etc. All factory paint is pretty equal.

Old 08-17-2022, 05:15 PM
CEB

Originally Posted by Ceramic Coated Mazda 6
Mazda paint is comperable to honda, toyota, ram, dodge, etc. All factory paint is pretty equal.
I agree. Mazda's paint is as good as any main stream vehicle manufacturer. My point is, adding $1.5k - 2K for a ceramic coating application to a main stream vehicle is something I would not consider. On a high end luxury vehicle (in my opinion) would make more sense.

Old 08-17-2022, 05:37 PM

My point is, adding $1.5k - 2K for a ceramic coating application to a main stream vehicle is something I would not consider. On a high end luxury vehicle (in my opinion) would make more sense.

let me ask a few questions. Do you have non high end vehicles? And do you wash your non high end vehicle?
Also, what is the one reason for a ceramic coating?

Old 08-18-2022, 08:48 AM
CEB

My point is, adding $1.5k - 2K for a ceramic coating application to a main stream vehicle is something I would not consider. On a high end luxury vehicle (in my opinion) would make more sense.

let me ask a few questions. Do you have non high end vehicles? And do you wash your non high end vehicle?
Also, what is the one reason for a ceramic coating?
I do. I have a 2022 CX-5 and a 2022 Honda Passport that I personally handwash and keep coated with Car Guys Hybrid spray wax. Again.... ceramic coating is nice and all but (in my opinion) "non high end vehicles" don't justify the $1.5k - $2k cost of it.

Old 08-18-2022, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
I do. I have a 2022 CX-5 and a 2022 Honda Passport that I personally handwash and keep coated with Car Guys Hybrid spray wax. Again.... ceramic coating is nice and all but (in my opinion) "non high end vehicles" don't justify the $1.5k - $2k cost of it.
A coating is for the car...to preserve the factory paint from premature failure but it's more for you. To make it easier to clean. There are other options than having a pro coating. You can install a consumer coating yourself. Most detailers offer a $1k coating as well. You do realize that you will spend more than $1,500 with the time and cost of supplies that you will use to keep your cars waxed, right?

Old 08-18-2022, 10:04 AM
CEB

A coating is for the car...to preserve the factory paint from premature failure but it's more for you. To make it easier to clean. There are other options than having a pro coating. You can install a consumer coating yourself. Most detailers offer a $1k coating as well. You do realize that you will spend more than $1,500 with the time and cost of supplies that you will use to keep your cars waxed, right?
What you say does not apply to me. I keep my vehicles for no longer than a year and then I'm on to something new and different.

Old 08-18-2022, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
What you say does not apply to me. I keep my vehicles for no longer than a year and then I'm on to something new and different.
You may be ok in the current market doing this, but if you make a habit of it over time you will be taking a bath buying a brand new car every 12mths!

Old 08-18-2022, 12:55 PM
CEB

Originally Posted by chickdr19
You may be ok in the current market doing this, but if you make a habit of it over time you will be taking a bath buying a brand new car every 12mths!
We all take financial baths and spend our $$ in different ways. Some drink, smoke, gamble, golf, ski, go on annual expensive vacations or cruises, support kids, grandkids and relatives, buy pricey jewelry and toys, etc, etc. I do none of these things. I buy a new car every year. It is kind of my hobby.

Old 08-18-2022, 01:22 PM

I have done this the last three years since I have always owned Subaru's and they were all worth thousands more one year later in this market. But it seems the CX5 is not the same and is actually going down in value- this I am not really used to but I enjoy the vehicle so it can stay.

it was a good run while it lasted !

Old 08-18-2022, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Subperson
I have done this the last three years since I have always owned Subaru's and they were all worth thousands more one year later in this market. But it seems the CX5 is not the same and is actually going down in value- this I am not really used to but I enjoy the vehicle so it can stay.

it was a good run while it lasted !
Yes, right now is such a surreal time for used cars. I received an email today about my '20 Frontier for which I paid 26500 2 yrs ago (brand new). They offered $31,600 for the truck. Hard to say no at that price.

Quick Reply: Car washes