Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

88 B2200 Story, Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2022, 04:36 PM

Still haven’t done it because I am working on an 82 RX-7 and a 2006 Nissan Murano whenever I have any time! However, I remembered seeing that Mazda Mitch posted doing his control arm shafts on YouTube - link below to help you out. Also, if you don’t have the original FSM for the B2200s, it’s easily the best service manual I own. Incredibly detailed - you could literally build one from scratch with that manual. Also a link below for the 1988, which is what I have - I wish all service manuals were half as good as that one. They can be accessed for free online if you dig around, but I love the paper copy (but pricey these days for an original - generally don’t buy the reprint/replica manuals as the images are usually garbage).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16282662773...mis&media=COPY

Old 05-26-2022, 11:26 AM

What Pitman Arm did you use that fit better.
I installed a mevotech but its pretty tight on the shaft. I also noticed the shaft had 4 splines and the mevotech has 1. I was able to put it on but theres about 1/4” of space where the old one fit. I could try air hammering it on but really dont want to cause other issues, especially if i can find one that fits better.

im asking because I replaced everything for the fromt suspension, got an alignment but still have some wierd steering issues. I feel some binding. Sometimes poor steering return. Im suspecting it may be the pitman arm.

i may make a post. I also installed upper control arm shafts but dont like the fitment (mevotech). I may have to redo it. I should have just replaced the entire upper control arms from the beginning.

Old 05-26-2022, 11:29 AM

Old 05-26-2022, 07:18 PM
Old 05-27-2022, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by 88LBO
For most of the hard suspension parts, I bought one of those kits off EBay, and then a few one-off parts like an idler arm from Mevotech (bolt holes too small, by the way, and need drilled out one size), MOOG, etc.. The first pitman arm I got didn’t fit right out of the kit, but I found a non kit version that worked great. For bushings, I cobbled together stuff from EBay and AutoZone.

If you have a specific part you are seeking, post here and I will let you know where I found it (if I replaced it). And if I don’t know, pretty sure the fellows above me in this thread know if anyone does!

on another note, I think the suspension parts kits from China are nothing special, but at some point you have to make budget choices or you end up building a truck you can’t afford. So my thinking was do what I can afford, see if it works, and replace the individual parts that fail at a later date. Not saying it’s the best strategy, but it was mine so I didn’t break the bank.
What stabilizer bar bushings did you use? The ones I got off RockAuto were a couple sizes too large and I couldn't fit them under the frame mount.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by MitchMan
What stabilizer bar bushings did you use? The ones I got off RockAuto were a couple sizes too large and I couldn't fit them under the frame mount.
I seem to remember getting the stabilizer bar bushings and tensioner bushings from Amazon. Just did this within last 2 months. See https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...-update-49372/

Old 05-28-2022, 07:37 AM

If you are referring to the stabilizer bar link kit, I got it off EBay and it’s manufactured by Mevotech, part number 7ATS210622054616. The product was called “Suspension Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Front Mevotech fits Mazda B2200 1987-1993.” If you search that part number at EBay it will come up. My memory is that the bushings were a snug fit, but the central sliding metal tube was too long. So I substituted the metal tube from the original part to get it all together.