New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Getting reacquainted W/Mazda

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 01:40 AM
Default Getting reacquainted W/Mazda

Hi all...after having a 2001 MillenniaS that we bought new and 6+ years of trouble-free ownership, we went a different direction in 2008. Found myself at our local MazdaDealership for an oil change yesterday and took a peek at the new M6 Signature....so I'm here to learn. Very impressed with what I saw. Thanks!

Old 10-07-2018, 07:47 AM

Welcome back to Mazda. The Mazda 6 is a great car. Did you get a chance to drive the 6? If you are looking to enjoy the drive instead of just having a vehicle get you from place A to place B. I suspect you will love it.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
Welcome back to Mazda. The Mazda 6 is a great car. Did you get a chance to drive the 6? If you are looking to enjoy the drive instead of just having a vehicle get you from place A to place B. I suspect you will love it.
Thx.....I have not yet driven it yet have read a ton of reviews, and owner/user reports. I'm VERY enthused about the 2018 M6 Siggy....I realize the 2.5L turbo is new to the M6, so I'm hoping we see some good aftermarket support...tune/exhaust/aero/brakes etc....

Old 10-07-2018, 02:45 PM

There are likely some brake upgrades available, however, I would not expect to get any performance upgrades. Mazda has done an incredible job engineering it’s current line of engines and I would not expect to get more performance without huge sacrifices in reliability.

Just curious, whah have you been driving since your last Mazda?

Old 10-07-2018, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
There are likely some brake upgrades available, however, I would not expect to get any performance upgrades. Mazda has done an incredible job engineering it’s current line of engines and I would not expect to get more performance without huge sacrifices in reliability.

Just curious, whah have you been driving since your last Mazda?

While I would certainly like to see @300hp/300tq I'm not thinking along the lines of more HP/TQ whatsoever, as 310 ft lbs is about max to safely implement in the avg fwd setup. Maybe another 40 ft lbs is about all one could safely go for reliablity.

My thinking is along the lines of flattening the powerband somewhat and extending it up a bit. It falls off pretty steeply and is pretty easy to break the tires loose at standstill as I understand it. That's all. Aside from that I think it's more than acceptable as it is... That is without having driven the car yet. I'm simply thinking of aftermarket possibilities. My aftermkt focus is mainly wheels/tires, suspension, brks, and perhaps some minimal bodykit pieces. A few things here and there in an elegant, functional way without straying too much from factory. I'm not a kid lol... But I confess to being a total car geek and familiar with many and have well over 30 years of automotive experience. When I sat in the 2018 Sig, I was more than impressed. Remembering our MilleniaS (a great car in its own right); this is a huge step for Mazda....and the refinement over last year's model can't be ignored. Virtually eliminating torque steer is another big plus. I drove a new Nissan Maxima last year and that car had a real bad case of torque steer...but I digress..

What have we been in since the MilleniaS? Dodge RT/RT Charger (Daytona without the decals), Honda Accord Wagon w/VTEC, VW Passat 1.8t petrol. Still driving the VW....great car for what it is, but I think the O2 sensors (original) are weak. It passed smog but is an absolute PIG around town regarding mileage. Thx, mazdaCPA!

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 10-07-2018 at 05:13 PM.