Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Getting reacquainted W/Mazda (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/getting-reacquainted-w-mazda-40708/)

1BlinkGone 10-07-2018 01:40 AM

Getting reacquainted W/Mazda

Hi all...after having a 2001 MillenniaS that we bought new and 6+ years of trouble-free ownership, we went a different direction in 2008. Found myself at our local MazdaDealership for an oil change yesterday and took a peek at the new M6 Signature....so I'm here to learn. Very impressed with what I saw. Thanks!

mazdaCPA 10-07-2018 07:47 AM

Welcome back to Mazda. The Mazda 6 is a great car. Did you get a chance to drive the 6? If you are looking to enjoy the drive instead of just having a vehicle get you from place A to place B. I suspect you will love it.

1BlinkGone 10-07-2018 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA (Post 170346)
Welcome back to Mazda. The Mazda 6 is a great car. Did you get a chance to drive the 6? If you are looking to enjoy the drive instead of just having a vehicle get you from place A to place B. I suspect you will love it.

Thx.....I have not yet driven it yet have read a ton of reviews, and owner/user reports. I'm VERY enthused about the 2018 M6 Siggy....I realize the 2.5L turbo is new to the M6, so I'm hoping we see some good aftermarket support...tune/exhaust/aero/brakes etc....

mazdaCPA 10-07-2018 02:45 PM

There are likely some brake upgrades available, however, I would not expect to get any performance upgrades. Mazda has done an incredible job engineering it’s current line of engines and I would not expect to get more performance without huge sacrifices in reliability.

Just curious, whah have you been driving since your last Mazda?

1BlinkGone 10-07-2018 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA (Post 170356)
There are likely some brake upgrades available, however, I would not expect to get any performance upgrades. Mazda has done an incredible job engineering it’s current line of engines and I would not expect to get more performance without huge sacrifices in reliability.

Just curious, whah have you been driving since your last Mazda?

While I would certainly like to see @300hp/300tq I'm not thinking along the lines of more HP/TQ whatsoever, as 310 ft lbs is about max to safely implement in the avg fwd setup. Maybe another 40 ft lbs is about all one could safely go for reliablity.

My thinking is along the lines of flattening the powerband somewhat and extending it up a bit. It falls off pretty steeply and is pretty easy to break the tires loose at standstill as I understand it. That's all. Aside from that I think it's more than acceptable as it is... That is without having driven the car yet. I'm simply thinking of aftermarket possibilities. My aftermkt focus is mainly wheels/tires, suspension, brks, and perhaps some minimal bodykit pieces. A few things here and there in an elegant, functional way without straying too much from factory. I'm not a kid lol... But I confess to being a total car geek and familiar with many and have well over 30 years of automotive experience. When I sat in the 2018 Sig, I was more than impressed. Remembering our MilleniaS (a great car in its own right); this is a huge step for Mazda....and the refinement over last year's model can't be ignored. Virtually eliminating torque steer is another big plus. I drove a new Nissan Maxima last year and that car had a real bad case of torque steer...but I digress..

What have we been in since the MilleniaS? Dodge RT/RT Charger (Daytona without the decals), Honda Accord Wagon w/VTEC, VW Passat 1.8t petrol. Still driving the VW....great car for what it is, but I think the O2 sensors (original) are weak. It passed smog but is an absolute PIG around town regarding mileage. Thx, mazdaCPA!