Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

mazda 6 diesel particulate filter problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Default mazda 6 diesel particulate filter problem

Hi, I have recently purchased a mazda 6 2.0d 2006 and have enjoyed driving it until the eml came on and it went into limp mode
I had the car diagnosed at an indepent garage and they are telling me it needs a new diesel particulate filter?
Can anyone help with this? I dont understand how it can just block up! is it common? what are my options?
any help would be much appreciated

Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM

Hello mate, I have just bought a Mazda 5 and the dpf light has come and the car is in limp mode. Have you sorted yours out and what was the cost?

Old 02-06-2013, 12:51 PM

hi, no I still have an issue with the 6
bit concerned about price if I have to take it to dealer
would like to take it to an independent to get it removed?
are they ok after removal?
sorry to hear you have similar issues, have you had any quotes yet?
what are your thoughts on removal??
all very confusing this dpf stuff

Old 02-10-2013, 04:49 AM

Hello mate, sorry for late reply. I still have the issue. The car is in limp home mode and all sorts of lights on. I Booked it into a local garage and they confirmed the dpf was the issue but they couldnt do anything with it. They recommended a garage that they have used before for dpf issues. It is around 10 miles away in a place called Aylesbury. Had a chat with them and they said it was a very common problem. It is booked in for tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:12 PM

hi dude
what was the outcome of your trip to aylesbury? very interested to hear if your car is fixed? how much it cost?
I know roughly whereabouts aylesbury is, currently in limp mode its about 3 hours away, that's my only concern with getting my car there.
cheers

Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM

Hello mate. Ok car went in this morning and I thought I would hang around. Spoke to a guy called Sam. He explained what they were going to do. The car was plugged into a diagnostic machine and it had around 15 codes! Some quite bizarre codes but others were related to the dpf. The oil level was checked and it was high as I mentioned in a previous post.

The file was taken from the cars ECU which was to be modified to remove all the dpf stuff and to increase power and economy. I was told 25-30% increase in power was easily achievable and a 5-10% increase in mpg.

After the file was taken, the work moved on to the physical removal of the filter from the car. The dpf housing was removed by Sam and the filter was then cut open and the blocked filter was removed. It was then welded back and refitted back to the car. An oil and oil filter change was carried out. They picked up on low front brake pads which I decided to have replaced. The modified ECU file was put back on the car. Some further checks were carried out with a Delphi computer and then the car was road tested for about 20 mins.

I got the car back around 3pm. I have covered around 40 miles since and wow the car just feels brand new. It feels really responsive and quick. The dpf light has obviously gone out.

It was interesting watching the work being carried out, the entire process is done in house: many questions and many cups of coffee later the car is spot on. The software comes with lifetime warranty.

The garage are called Aylesbury Autocare and they are on 01296 434404. I was charged £495 and that included the oil and oil filter. If you are still having problems call them, highly recommended mate.

Let me know how you get on.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:09 PM

The power increase was included in that price

Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM

Hi mate, how is your car now a little time has passed?
From what you say it sounds as if its all done to high level of workmanship? Is this the case?
Sorry for all the q's but it is a fair amount of money and I want to be sure its the best way to go.
The chap you mention "sam", is he clued up with dpf issues and did you get the impression he is approachable as i would want to discuss my requirements first.