Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

New Owner... well wife is...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Owner... well wife is...

You're in Austin!! I'm in Manor... work in Austin!! Small world, huh?
Fishing trip? What, and miss the Stupid-Bowl?? A man after my own heart. That's sacrilege here, isn't it?

Yeah, I've only seen 2 purple HB's on the north side (Parmer Lane/I-35 area) and they may have been the same car. But given the heat here and the less-than-stellar A/C these cars have I wanted a lighter color anyway... not that PPM was an option in '04.
Where did you pick up the car? What stealer?

Old 01-31-2008, 10:16 AM

wow.. 2 huh.. yeah i'm keeping my eye open now as well~.. lookin for another 3s with HID.. .. i havent seen one yet~.. ... yeah .. south austin... slughter area... it is a small world... ... i got the car at mazda south on the motor mile.. i have to say, probably one of my best car buy experience's yet... service was awesome.. and so was the deal~.. .... ... man i love the look of the piaa yellow fogs~.. .. ,,but if wife dont approve,.. well you know~

Old 01-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

To me at least it seems that PIAA is so overpriced and has been since I first saw their stuff back in the '80's.
Yellow is of course the way to go for foul weather, and we do get some fog 'round here, don't we? i.e. Both days this past w/e and Monday AM.
What about yellow, or in my case, blue RockBlockers? I've seen some combine the colors w/blue on the headlights and yellow on the fogs. The blue is not so dark or at all intrusive to change the color of your headlights, but they are a nice blue color in the day light.

Name:  IMG_0331.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  83.6 KB

Old 01-31-2008, 11:37 AM

Welcome!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 01:21 PM

Man those are sweet.. i've never heard of rock blockers~... ..that might be the way to go~.. it would be nice to get the smoked and smoke out all the lenses~.. hhmm .. mind is wandering.... to many options!!! loll.. .. ..and your right about piaa.. they are overpriced.. ..only if they made yellow sstars..hehe

V, you got those on your lights?.. fogs only or all over?

Old 01-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

After my own short-lived experience smoking light lenses, I do not recommend do it for, or to anybody. You can't see where you're going and others can't see you. It'sespecially bad in city driving wherethere are lots of drivers that always "seem to have other things on their minds,"if ya' get my drift.Though not taken too seriouslyit is illegal here and in most places I know. If she were to get into an accident w/smoked lights, the cop just might charge her for it.
The RB's that I have and the yellow ones do not affect the way others see you and only the yellow ones change the color of the light output, but not it's strength (output level.)
I have them on the fogs and the heads, both. They do look different (stronger or weaker) depending on the ambient light available. This pic shows them as pretty strong colored, so the sun musta' been going down or the car in shade at the time.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:47 AM

welcome to the forum. wow i saw what you and your wife drove and im like wow you and siber have alot in common haha. wierd. anyway hope ya enjoy the forum. i myself drive the GS (i live in canada so it would be like the i touring without the sunroof and 16" rims.) ohh yea btw.. thanks for the storm from texas.. was soo bad driving 4 hours home yesterday. unbelievable haha. but anyway welcome and any questions just ask us.. any of us can answer alot of the questions (but richard aka virgin1 will most likely know the answer haha)

Old 02-04-2008, 07:16 AM

Great, thanks jaimie.... i'm glad to be here.