Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 2014 PCM DSC SCBS & TPMS fault

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 10:17 AM
Default Mazda 3 2014 PCM DSC SCBS & TPMS fault

Hello everybody

I have this Mazda 3 2.2de from 2014. It has just been on workshop to get a scratch repaired. So they have had the hole side and front painted, scratch was only a small one on the side, but they had very hard to hit the same colour which resulted in 3 attempt and most of the car painted... I drove the car home from the workshop (only 2 miles) and everything was good. Next morning when I drove for work after maybe 8 miles they 4 lamps above came on.. Engine, DSC, TPMS and SCBS at the same time.. First thing was to call the workshop as I was sure they had forgotten to assamble a connection somewere as there are alot of connection points in the front when you take off the front bumper. They spend 2 hours until the workshop closed, but did¨t find anything... Problem here is who needs to pay the bill here... It depends what is wrong, and it is very easy for them just to claim it was someting else that caused the problem when they get the car here on friday to go through the car.

So in the meantime I have searched alot here on the net, and found serval people having the same check lamps comming up were the problem was the Brake light switch. Pretty easy to change to bought a new one and replaced it, but unfortunately no changes... I have noticed that if I turn off the cruise control, the check lamps normally turn on after a little while when I brake down. All the lamps unless the engine lamp disapear when I turn off the ignition and start the engine again.

Anybody here that have some knowledge about this problem, or maybe know what wiring that gets disconnected when removing the front bumper and headlights?

My own diagnostic tool can only read out the engine fault which is P0154 - Oxygen Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected Bank 2 Sensor 1. But I cannot see how this fault here should have influence on the DSC, SCBS and TPMS systems also. There must be a connection between all these faults here when they turn on on the exact same time everytime they get reset.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:08 PM

Hi, I' ve the same car and problem as you. How did you solve?

Old 10-30-2021, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Franghein
Hi, I' ve the same car and problem as you. How did you solve?
Hi
all the fault codes disappeared after a wile. I had the Idea that the problem was the EGR valve, as my car has been modified to keep the valve closed. But after a trip to a workshop where they updated the ECU (my modification was removed) and all these problems came right after that. So I drove a lot with the throttle down, and suddenly the faults didn’t came on again.

But funny thing is that all the fault have just came on again last week after the car has been standing still for 2 weeks. So now I’m on it again.. Have just bought some clean to put in the tank.

But on thing for sure is, it’s the engine lamp that turn on the 3 other lamps. So I would focus on that one too on your car and not the tire, traction and emergency brake faults.

Old 10-30-2021, 04:10 AM

Ok, thank you.
In my case, the three warning lights (DSC, SCBS and TPMS) continue to show up for a month, and they come on after I drive a bit with the cruise control. The engine failure warning light comes on for a few days and then goes off for a few more days cyclically. I took the car to the workshop, but after a short analysis they couldn't fix it.