Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS and SCBS Check lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 12:12 PM
Default TPMS and SCBS Check lights

Hello,

I have a 2014 CX5 and recently the TPMS and SCBS Inspect messages came up. There are some other indicators lights on as well (TCS, ABS etc.). checked online and I believe it's either a bad wheel sensor or break pedal sensor. I've already checked the cameras and there is nothing that would be blocking the view. I am thinking to go to Mazda to do a scan to hopefully narrow down the exact problem. Looking to do it the most cost effective way. If it's a wheel sensor, I am handy enough to replace it myself. Can non dealer shops scan this for me? Is there a way I can figure it out on my own? Also, if I bring it to a dealer, will be apply any updates for my computer as it's already connected to their system or would I need to request that and have them charge more?

Attached are two pics of my dash board.

Thanks!

Old 10-17-2020, 10:08 AM

Quick Update on how this played out:

I bought the BlueDriver scanner from Amazon ($120) and it was able to read the codes from the ABS computer. It came up with 6 codes. Notable this one: "C0037-15 Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor : Circuit Short To Battery or Open". I picked up a new sensor from my local dealer ($75) and installed (~30 mins of rust covered grief). Then a re-scan and clear of the codes and I was on my way!

Cheers!

Old 12-13-2023, 10:49 AM

Hello- I am having this same problem. It's reading "TPMS Inspection needed," Check Engine, SCBS Inspection Needed and the Red Danger Triangle.

It's got low power, the transmission is in limp/safe mode, and it's lurching.

I have heard that it could be an exhaust pressure sensor as well. I can't get it to the parts store to read the code. Any ideas, folks? Thank you

Old 12-13-2023, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by mikemazda63
Hello- I am having this same problem. It's reading "TPMS Inspection needed," Check Engine, SCBS Inspection Needed and the Red Danger Triangle.

It's got low power, the transmission is in limp/safe mode, and it's lurching.

I have heard that it could be an exhaust pressure sensor as well. I can't get it to the parts store to read the code. Any ideas, folks? Thank you
Maybe buy the scanner mentioned above to do it at home?