Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Issues I didn't expect from the new 2019 Mazda 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 08:06 AM
Default Issues I didn't expect from the new 2019 Mazda 3

Two weeks ago I took delivery of my new 2019 top-of-the-line Mazda 3 Cosmo 2.0 manual (EU model). There are SO MANY good things to say about this car. BUT!

Mazda - I really hope you're reading this:

- Left side mirror tends to vibrate during highway driving.
- Cylinder deactivation is often noticed as a slight "notch" in the engine power (deceleration). During periods when cylinder deactivation occurs repeatedly, this "notch" becomes annoying.
- If driving less than 60 mph on 2 cylinders (in cylinder deactivation mode), noticeable vibrations penetrate the cabin. If you have ever driven a car with a 2 cylinder engine before, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Vibrations disappear when all cylinders are activated.
- The Lane Keep Assist system cannot center the car between road markings at more than 35 mph. The current Mazda 6 and CX-5 can do this, despite having an older system.
- HOLD function turns off every time the engine is turned off.
- Cruise control and acceleration are too aggressive and cannot be adjusted.
- The parking sensor is activated prematurely during heavy traffic and cannot be temporarily deactivated. If you turn it off you have to remember to turn it on again.
- The fuel consumption unit cannot be changed. But the unit for tire pressure can.
- The animation of the car's wheels while driving in the "Energy flow monitoring" menu fails (the rims flutter - it almost resembles an epileptic seizure).

- The cylinder deactivation. PLEASE fix the cylinder deactivation. It's driving me nuts driving around in this beautiful piece of art, but feeling like it's an old Fiat 500 2-cyl up front!

Besides these 9 points, the car is FANTASTIC! I describe it to many that it's like driving Mercedes-Benz. As an engineer and programmer, I estimate that 6 out of 9 of these points can be corrected fairly easily by updating the car's software. I really hope this will happen soon.

Old 06-06-2022, 02:45 AM

I'm having vibration issues with my brand new Mazda 6 when it hits 80kmph. I was told today there is a known issue with the Cylinder Deactivation System, which kicks in around 80kmph. My car is currently with the dealership while they fit a "part" to hopefully resolve the issue. They haven't yet told me what the part is to fix the problem. I will be test driving it again tomorrow and if the issue persist I'll be taking it straight back.