Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

FOB Syncing Issues MAZDA 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2022, 11:48 PM
Default FOB Syncing Issues MAZDA 3

Hey All
I have a Mazda 3 Hatch 2005, and recently changed batteries on my FOB. When i went to lock/unlock my car, the car wasnt locking/unlocking
The red light came up on my FOB to signify that the batteries were working. so i decided to look online to sync the FOB keys to the car again incase it resetted for some reason

Anyways i did the whole process of keys in the ignition, door open, turn on off 3 times ect. That all worked fine as the locks closed and opened to activate ON MODE to SYNC the FOB. Then i pressed the FOB button to sync the keys, and then the locks opened/closed to signifty the end of the SYNCING MODE.

Yet when i went to use the FOB button to lock/ unlock the car, it didnt work.
For some reason the FOB is not registering, any idea why?

Its a weird one because the keys work as the red light comes up, but the car isnt picking the FOB signal up
i can only think maybe theres an issue on the cars signal to register the keys. Does it have a FUSE that might be stuffed ect?

help much appreciate

John

Old 12-24-2022, 09:20 AM

Welcome to the forum

Old 12-30-2022, 11:23 PM

Still not working, i have followed the below steps

Step 1: Open driver side door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and Unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn Key to ON position and return to Lock (off) position. Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. LEAVE key in the ignition in Lock (off) position.

Step 5: Close and open the drivers door 3 times. Leave door open after this step

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors once.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Additional remotes, repeat Step 7 for up to 3 remotes total.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series (about 4) of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

Step 7 does not work for me. But step 9 does

Help would be appreciated.