Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

A couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 02:39 AM

Up until recently i would say mechanically my car was "ok". Through the years ive went through 2 maf sensors (my fault for having a cai) a starter, 4 batteries (tested each time for draws, nothing came up), a/c compressor, thermostat, "life time" plugs (80k mi on advanced autolites). Now its crazy stuff, everytime i make left turns with about 50-60% throttle the car stalls (ONLY LEFT TURNS!!!!) car idles really low but stable as for the performance well its a 2.0 atx it has none. Thats just my car.

I have few other friends with mazdas as well, one is a 08 3i atx, she drives the car like an old lady (according to her boyfriend) car has been in the shop numerous times for multiple problems, rear main seal, power steering, a/c compressor (just to name a few) still hasent been fixed, shes getting a honda now, current mileage is ~50k bought used. Another friend has a 07 mazda 6 v6 (which they are now selling) top of the line, leather interior, bose, you name it its got it. Both front and rear suspension has been replaced, front and rear door hinges have been retorqued (was finger tight) tb coolant line was replaced (burst while driving) rear main seal replaced twice. Car was bought brand new has under 60k on it. Last person has a 2010 3i at this point he has a little combo of both my other two friends with problems.

All of my friends take WAY better care of their mazda than i do, yet i have the least problems, im probably the only one who actually is still attached to their problem child.