Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Anyone with upgraded cold air intake and factory exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Default RE: Anyone with upgraded cold air intake and factory exhaust?

ORIGINAL: apage63

all i will say is that if you dont plan on getting an exhaust theres not really much reason to get an intake unless your just going for sound. without expanding your exhaust theres no point of bringing extra and colder air in if it cant get out faster. wouldnt serve much purpose until you get an exhasut.
not true. it revs easier with less restriction with the CAI and you can definitely feel it in the higher RPM range. some people dont feel like spending 800 dollars all at once on a new exhaust/intake set up - we're not all heading to the dragstrip to unleash every possible hp.

another reason to get a CAI is that with it, my 2.3 is getting 30+ mpg. (stock exhaust)

Old 06-03-2008, 01:58 PM

I'm not trying to start an online argument or anything but all i will say is i disagree with you. my mazda 3 wagon was getting 28+ without my intake. i drove to portland which is a 110 mile drive for me up and back and drove all around portland and i averaged 34 and i consistently get that with some city driving. i can get 30+ without my intake. now that i have an intake and exhaust IN THE CITY i get 32-35 mpg. Of course thats without getting on it at all and thats hard when you see that riced out honda civic and have to embarrass it you know what i mean. also, i have a full exhaust and at my local shop it cost me 375 to expand 2 1/2 inch piping the whole way manifold back. just a little food for thought you don't have to buy a name brand 800 dollar exhaust to reap the benefits of a full exhaust.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:06 PM
VB

ORIGINAL: apage63

I'm not trying to start an online argument or anything but all i will say is i disagree with you. my mazda 3 wagon was getting 28+ without my intake. i drove to portland which is a 110 mile drive for me up and back and drove all around portland and i averaged 34 and i consistently get that with some city driving. i can get 30+ without my intake. now that i have an intake and exhaust IN THE CITY i get 32-35 mpg. Of course thats without getting on it at all and thats hard when you see that riced out honda civic and have to embarrass it you know what i mean. also, i have a full exhaust and at my local shop it cost me 375 to expand 2 1/2 inch piping the whole way manifold back. just a little food for thought you don't have to buy a name brand 800 dollar exhaust to reap the benefits of a full exhaust.
Portland, Oregon? That's not city driving. Drive where I and Speedy3 do - THAT is city driving. I've seen stock M3s get 22-24 in the city...and 32 on the highway. No one gets 32 in real city driving...not in a petrol Mazda 3, at least.