Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

i really want to put a short ram intake or a cold air intake on my Tribute

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Default i really want to put a short ram intake or a cold air intake on my Tribute

I have looked far and wide. I have been to every major air intake website and put in my specs for my Tribute. I have also called every major air intake company. Nothing yet. They don't make a air intake for my vehicle. They always say the same thing "you will have to build it yourself".

I'm okay with that. I love working on my car. It's just frustrating to know that you want to improve your vehicle the major companies don't support your vehicle.

I just want to talk to someone that has done this and where did you get your parts from? A auto parts store in your town or off the Internet?

By the way I have a 2008 Mazda Tribute 4-cylinder 2.3 Liter engine.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Banned

Not worth it for this vehicle with a small engine. (I will agree with Shipo on this one!).
Best thing to do is to find out if there is an intake silencer/resonator which is usually attached to the air box and goes to the fender area. If you have one, drill holes in the bottom of it to get at more cold air. You may have to remove it and re-install it.
We call this the "Air Box Mod". On my Mazda 6 this is what can be done.
Short ram intakes normally suck in hot air from the rad which worsens performance.
Cold air intakes can be prone to water getting on the filter (from driving through puddles, car washes) and then water gets sucked in to the intake screwing up your Mass Air Sensor and possibly ruining your engine.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Have you searched for one using Ford Escape?
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...I7ACAW_enUS372