Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2014 Mazda3 - severe problems with nav system

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Wink Update Version Number

timmonsr,

The update I just got on my Mazda 3 was version 25.00.400B. This was on recall number MSP41.

Knock on wood, so far everything seems to be working.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:10 AM

Thank you. Mine is version 20.00.007. I have an appointment tomorrow for an upgrade.

Now if I could only get a copy of 25.00.400B binary to patch (to maybe allow touch panel operation when moving).

Old 12-17-2013, 12:26 PM

No, the update doesn't change that. Actually I think it blocks more system access while driving. Makes no sense to me when you can have the passenger using the system access.... If anyone learns of a fix for this please post!

Old 12-19-2013, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Linedanci
No, the update doesn't change that. Actually I think it blocks more system access while driving. Makes no sense to me when you can have the passenger using the system access.... If anyone learns of a fix for this please post!
There needs to be a fix for this numerous times with my last car my wife would put in a new address while are traveling pulling over in heavy traffic to have to do this is crazy and is more dangerous than anything else!

Old 12-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Default Another way to make Navigation go beserk

Just got the Infotainment system upgrade. It now counts down on the screen as it calculates route (don't remember it doing that before). Anyway, if you push the select button while it is still counting down, it can give really bad directions (like when I wanted to go South, it said to exit at every exit, cross over, go North on Interstate 30 miles, then exit, cross over and go back South). So for every minute I got closer to my destination going South, the arrival time increased 2 minutes. The funniest thing it said was "Go back."

Old 12-20-2013, 07:43 PM

Eskimosand is correct. MSP41 is an infotainment center update meant to fix some of these bugs. To find out if your vehicle is subject to this recall, call the service dept. with your vin number and have them check.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 PM

The version 25.00.400 fix still locks up all I/O sometimes. USB ports say they are in use with nothing plugged in and it does not recognize the Navigation SD card. Would pulling the right fuse reboot the system?

Old 02-01-2014, 05:33 AM

Yeah, the update does not completely solve the issues. It's usable, though.

My issues are more on the communication with bluetooth smartphone(samsung note3).

The touch screen freezes when there is an incoming call and there is no way that I can answer the phone or enter numbers to call back.

Music play sometimes get stuck and I can not skip to the next/previous songs. During music play, touch screen often freezes.

Very occasionally(maybe 1-2 out of 10), navigation voice goes copletely mute (but no longer half-mute) like before.

USB drive issues still seems to persist (I can not list the details as I gave up on trying the USB)

Extremely rarely, I still experience the shutdown of the infotainment system.

I am not even gonna bother to fix the above issues as I know my dealership service will just rebut/neglect my request in the blink of an eye unless the issues are definite. I love the new Mazdas so much but I never liked the services.

Last edited by wts3849; 02-01-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Always Right
There's an easier way to adjust the voice prompt volume. Using the volume **** while the navigation system is speaking will actually adjust the navigation volume directly.

There's even a trick to get the navigation to start speaking so you can make this adjustment any time. If you are in the nav system (and you have a destination set), pressing the nav button will make the system repeat the last instruction. This way, even if the volume is set so low that you can't actually hear it, you can press the nav button, then turn the volume up to an audible level.
Woah, just created an account on this forum just to say thanks for that tip mate! I've been going crazy since I got my Mazda thinking why the hell is the NAV voice constantly changing and having to go into settings to adjust it all the time.

Neat trick! As this post is YEARS old, you might not see my reply, but curious where you found this trick and if there are others like it?

Anyways, thanks again!