Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2014 Mazda3 - SD card/Nav system issue?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Default 2014 Mazda3 - SD card/Nav system issue?

I bought my 2014 3i T with tech package on Tuesday. The navigation system was working perfectly when I picked it up and yesterday. Today, however, it told me I didn't have a navigation system and could contact a dealership if I was interested.
Later, my brother removed the SD card from the console under the armrest and I put it back in. Just went out to check and the nav system is working now. Is this issue/apparent fix something others have encountered? I bought it in Michigan but live in Ohio, so if I need to drive back to the dealership it's much easier to do it sooner rather than later. Thanks!

Old 03-13-2014, 07:53 PM

very common reset procedure on these cars. if you have further problems call this number:

1-866-486-6866

it is Tom Tom customer service. They will walk you through a few preliminary checks, if they cant resolve your problem, they will refer you to the dealer with a reference number.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:43 PM

2014 version has navigation provided by Here so contacting TomTom wont help much. The MZD Connect os isn't the most stable one, hope they'll get it fixed some day..

Old 03-21-2014, 12:35 PM

I have had the same issues. Unplugging the battery and connecting it back up fixed it for a while. I did get an error that the ASD card was corrupt at one point. Restarted the car and it seems to be working fine at the moment. This is the error that i was getting. If anyone has a permanent fix I am open to suggestions!!

Old 03-22-2014, 12:19 PM

Version 30.000 coming soon is supposed to fix the NAV not installed error.

Correction, it is V29 already released in Europe that fixes NAV not installed. But they are working on V30 for Europe.

Last edited by timmonsr@gmail.com; 03-24-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 03-24-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by timmonsr@gmail.com
Version 30.000 coming soon is supposed to fix the NAV not installed error.
That is great news! I hope this fixes these issues. I am currently running v25, and experienced my first "blue screen" yesterday. Do you have any proof from Mazda that the v30 will be out soon. My Mazda dealer has no clue about any of these updates!!

Old 03-24-2014, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Soler25
That is great news! I hope this fixes these issues. I am currently running v25, and experienced my first "blue screen" yesterday. Do you have any proof from Mazda that the v30 will be out soon. My Mazda dealer has no clue about any of these updates!!

Actually, I read that V28 has just been released to a few USA dealers. No idea what it fixes (or breaks). Supposedly the version numbers are different for US and Europe.

Here is a rough translation of V29 (now available in Europe) fixes (copied from mazdarevolution forum).

o Inaccurate language guide ( German )
o Voice recognition does not work after importing contacts containing Emoji
o ***Display of the Compass screen despite an SD card
o TMC function available again
o Display correction MZD settings " Automatic door lock "
o Audio output still the CMU MUTE on the screen indicating *
o NAVI screen , we reloaded
o Incorrect route guidance by the loss of the GPS signal
o NAVI does not recognize the current location
o Audio screen is out of focus and multi- Commander does not work
o Incorrect display in the SMS transmission
o Despite deactivated Head-Up Display ( ADD) it is spinning up after stop conditional stopping the engine.
o ***When the navigation system, the error message "Invalid SD Card" ( "Invalid SD card" ) appear in the center display .
o Black screen when the navigation system.
o Blue screen right after the ignition to ACC / ON was made.
o The center display will not boot ( black screen ) .
o The center display flickers when using a WiFi connection.
o Volume of the navigation system does not change may .
o The French pronunciation of the voice guidance of the navigation system is wrong.
o The warning message " charging system malfunction " could be erroneously displayed on the center screen (but the warning light in the instrument cluster does not light up ) .
o Speech recognition could not be activated , even when the Talk button is pressed.
o The spelling of words that are displayed on the center screen is in languages ​​other than English may be incorrect.

Last edited by timmonsr@gmail.com; 03-24-2014 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 03-25-2014, 10:09 AM

Thanks for that!! I will be going to my dealer today to see what they have to say about v28. hopefully they will be able to update it! Last time I stopped in they had no clue what I was even talking about.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:15 PM

version 29 is available now here is a copy from Mazda:

BULLETIN NOTE
• This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletin 09-006/14, issued on 01/24/14. The APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/
VINS, DESCRIPTION, REPAIR PROCEDURE and WARRANTY INFORMATION have been revised.
• Changes are noted below in Red beside the change bar.
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2014 Mazda3 vehicles (with MAZDA CONNECT Infotainment System, audio, Bluetooth) with VINs lower than
JM1BM******194379 (produced before March 18, 2014)
DESCRIPTION
Some vehicles may experience the symptoms mentioned below, which can be fixed with the latest software
update (Version 29.00.000 or later).
• The navigation route guidance is not played after pairing iPhone 4s.
• Voice recognition fails after importing contacts with special characters ($, #, etc) in the name (#MOM, $AM).
• The music volume bar is displayed while the navigation is guiding a trip.
• The compass screen is displayed, even though a SD card is inserted.
• Sound is heard even though MUTE is selected.
• The navigation screen is rebooted.
• Navigation guidance is wrong due to loss of GPS signal.
• The navigation system does not recognize the current location.
• The radio screen is fuzzy and the commander switch does not operate.
• Selecting a contact address causes the touchscreen to flash white.
• A message “Invalid SD card” may appear on the center display while using the navigation system.
• A black screen may be displayed while using the navigation system.
• A blue screen may be displayed just after turning the ignition to ACC/ON.
• The center display does not boot up with a black screen.
• The center display may flicker while using WiFi connection.
• The navigation system sound volume cannot be changed.
• French pronunciation in voice guidance/wording of the navigation system is not correct.
NOTE:
• Mazda is working to make further improvements to the Mazda Connect Infotainment System software,
and may issue future software updates to improve system operation and performance. Software
version updates can be found on MS3 under IDS/Infotainment.
• When the system is updated, all factory defaults are restored and personal settings (such as display
and sound adjustments) are lost, including favorites information and phones paired with the system.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:59 PM

This is great news!! I will be taking to my dealer next week to see what they have to say. Is there a way to look this information up or a Bulletin number that I can produce if my dealer is unable to locate?

Quick Reply: 2014 Mazda3 - SD card/Nav system issue?