Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2014 Mazda 3 Sat Nav Online Traffic will never work!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Angry 2014 Mazda 3 Sat Nav Online Traffic will never work!

I got my great Mazda 3 the day after Christmas. I love the car and this is the 3ed Mazda I have owned. The first 2 were loaded Mazda 9's.
I went to my local dealership to address issues with the info system. The updates it and said all should be good, but yet again the traffic system is still not working.
So I took it upon myself to call Mazda at (800) 222-5500. The representative informed me that the traffic option was not turned on and there is no indication it would ever be turned on. He explained that well there is just not enough demand for the traffic option and because of that I may receive a letter explaining what Mazda plans to do about it.
This may not be a big deal to the around town driver, but I put over 1k miles a week. Its a pain in the a** to continue to use my cell phone for traffic when I have a tech package car. Its not like Google don't have free traffic on my $99.00 phone but my car can not seem to figure it out.

Rant over....but my next car will not be a Mazda...

Old 05-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Banned

2014 Mazda 3:
Technology Package (GT): i-ELOOP regenerative braking system, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) with automatic headlight levelling, Blind Spot Monitoring system (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), High Beam Control system (HBC), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with fin antenna.

As you can see there are a few different ones, do some work? More @: http://www.mazda.ca/MciWeb/displayPa...iveSense.touch

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 05-12-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:01 PM

This is the Live traffic updates with the sat nav

Old 06-02-2014, 09:19 PM

We thought about the cool features above but knowing how Mazda is not to sharp in the electronics tech department, all these expensive features will likely become a nightmare in getting them repaired. Besides, in order to get the tech package we had to buy the leather package.

Any how, we never got the online traffic or weather to work with our smartphone. It seems this is very YMMV with the consensus that most people don't have these features up and running. The wifi also doesnt do anything either...what a waste.