Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

04 Mazda3 S high miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 PM

Noggin: forgot to mention that I have only replaced the battery once. I replaced it a year ago. I think it had somewhere around 100k-108k miles at the time. I also have an aftermarket stereo system. It's not a gazillion watt set up like some of the ghetto blaster rickety cars on the street are, but it's not a joe-blow quality system either.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Zeliwin
Well guys,
I brought the car! So far i love it. Runs great, clutch is strong. Now i just need to get it detailed and we be good to go. 1st gear is a bit tricky, anyone else.experience this in a mazda3 s?

Also, i want to get all the fade and scrathes and rock chips out of the ca, is detailing enough for this? Or should go with auto painting shop?

New mazda3 s proud owner!
My first gear has been tricky when trying to put it in gear before rolling to a complete stop. Other than that I've never had any shifting problems beyond me being stupid lol

Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Zeliwin
Pretty sure its just me im new to manual.

Basically just almost impossible for me to do the gas/clutch combo. I have to.do a.no gas.start because when i add gas at the friection point, it doesnt seem to want to go but still moved forward asif its a no gas start. When i releasethe clutch more even thr smallest bit of gas.makes it jerky.Think its just me being new.to.manual and will come in time. Just takes.me.and.extra 2/3 seconds to get going at a red light.

Sorry for typos, on my cell.
You can do like me and learn how to drive stick in a Class B commercial truck for two weeks out of town! Haha. Day 1 was a total disaster but after those two weeks I was a pro! Haha. Good thing it was a rental truck on the company's dime

Old 01-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by knucklehead11
Noggin: forgot to mention that I have only replaced the battery once. I replaced it a year ago. I think it had somewhere around 100k-108k miles at the time. I also have an aftermarket stereo system. It's not a gazillion watt set up like some of the ghetto blaster rickety cars on the street are, but it's not a joe-blow quality system either.
I make way too many short trips and currently have another battery situation. I have 2 subs with 600 watt alpine amp, not overly huge amp but the 15" woofers are huge and because of them i had to insulate the rear hatch and roof. The cold weather we have sometimes gives me starting issues. I recently found out the Optima battery is only rated to -30 degrees---unacceptable for my area.
I use my subs to DJ with as well (hence wheels).
With your mileage you are going to have a hell of a time changing those plugs. Good Luck.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
I make way too many short trips and currently have another battery situation. I have 2 subs with 600 watt alpine amp, not overly huge amp but the 15" woofers are huge and because of them i had to insulate the rear hatch and roof. The cold weather we have sometimes gives me starting issues. I recently found out the Optima battery is only rated to -30 degrees---unacceptable for my area.
I use my subs to DJ with as well (hence wheels).
With your mileage you are going to have a hell of a time changing those plugs. Good Luck.

How will mileage make changing my spark plugs any tougher?

I'm not asking to be a smart, uhmm... "smartbooty" I'm actually truly curious as to why it would be a hell of a time lol

Last edited by MazdaTirol; 01-26-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by knucklehead11
How will mileage make changing my spark plugs any tougher?

I'm not asking to be a smart, uhmm... "smartbooty" I'm actually truly curious as to why it would be a hell of a time lol
One if you never removed them from the cylinder head as part of regular maintenance then they have a tendency to seize in the heads due to carbon build up and corrosion in the threads themselves, two when you do get the plugs removed they can drop said carbon into the cylinders potentially scoring your cylinder walls, sticking a valve open slightly or jam a compression ring and finally possibly damage the threads in the cylinder head upon removal IF the plug even comes out.

Last edited by MazdaTirol; 01-26-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:36 AM

Hope my new 121k mile mazda3 s stays reliable. It runs great.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by MazdaTirol
One if you never removed them from the cylinder head as part of regular maintenance then they have a tendency to seize in the heads due to carbon build up and corrosion in the threads themselves, two when you do get the plugs removed they can drop said carbon into the cylinders potentially scoring your cylinder walls, sticking a valve open slightly or jam a compression ring and finally possibly damage the threads in the cylinder head upon removal IF the plug even comes out.
got it