Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

04 Mazda3 S high miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 AM
Default 04 Mazda3 S high miles

Hey guys new to this forum and just seeking some advice.

Found a 04 mazda3 s in fantastic condition, 1 owner clean carfax spark plugs were chanyed and reconnmended maintence done at 70k. Car has 120k but in show room condition, what can i expect to replace on this car in the near future?

CARFAX Vehicle History Report on JM1BK323441160412

Old 01-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Banned

If it's an automatic i would not buy it. I don't see any transmission oil changes. This car should have done it 2-3 times already. If it's a standard it should have been done once.
You will have to replace all ignition coils and plugs soon again. Coolant flush has not been done. Should have already been done twice. New coolant thermostat. New PCV valve. Clean throttle body, MAF.
Catalytic converters are due to be changed as well as O2 sensors. This is very expensive.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 AM

It is a manual 5spd. I see lots of maintence inspections which i think checks all the reconmended maintence. And at.70k reconmended maintence was done which im not sure what that includes on a 04 mazda3 s 5spd manual.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zeliwin
It is a manual 5spd. I see lots of maintence inspections which i think checks all the reconmended maintence. And at.70k reconmended maintence was done which im not sure what that includes on a 04 mazda3 s 5spd manual.
I read the maintenance--Changing plugs, oil and brakes is not enough.---no cooling system maintenance, no transmission maintenance. Catalytics may last another bit provided you change all plugs and ign coils now!
You will also need another battery soon.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 AM

Alright, thank you i appreciate it, if i do that work to plugs and coils and transmission maintence you think its a safe buy?

Old 01-16-2013, 09:53 AM

I live in MA and it needs to pass inspection to be registered and since im buying from a dealer i bope its a good deal lol.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM

2004 Mazda MAZDA6 for sale by Hughes Motors, Used Car, Truck and SUV dealer in the Methuen, MA area here are the puctures of it, but its under the wrong discription lol.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Banned

If it's a standard the tranny should be OK, change the fluid. Automatic---don't buy it.
How's the clutch. Don't see it has been changed yet!

Old 01-16-2013, 02:33 PM

Clutch is still good,.the driver before didnt sbuse it.
But im factoring in having to replace it in the near future after purchase.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
If it's an automatic i would not buy it. I don't see any transmission oil changes. This car should have done it 2-3 times already. If it's a standard it should have been done once.
You will have to replace all ignition coils and plugs soon again. Coolant flush has not been done. Should have already been done twice. New coolant thermostat. New PCV valve. Clean throttle body, MAF.
Catalytic converters are due to be changed as well as O2 sensors. This is very expensive.
Who in the living hell replaced catalytic converters like its regular maintenance?

Oh right... nobody.

I have a 2008 Mazda3i manual with 120k miles. Regular oil changes with 0w20 synthetic about every 8k miles. I have not replaced any trans fluid, have not replaced any coils or spark plugs, PCV valve, coolant thermostat, flushed my coolant (getting ready to, I agree its a bit late, but not TWICE by this mileage already. That's overkill) or cleaned my throttle body (thought I'm sure I should really actually do that)...

...and my car runs GREAT.

Zeliwin doesn't NEED to do HALF that.

Last edited by MazdaTirol; 01-24-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Removed Foul Language

Quick Reply: 04 Mazda3 S high miles