Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

B2200 92 ebrake and anti grip lights randomly on

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Default B2200 92 ebrake and anti grip lights randomly on

I was driving earlier and both of those lights popped up on the dash. When I used the brakes they went away. After about ten minutes of driving they are both back on and won't turn off. I just had the brake pads redone. The master cylinder is going too could that be why? When I use the brakes I have to push it all the way to the floor to work. Any advice guys?

Rear wheel drive, 5 speed, extended cab 1992 Mazda.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:43 PM

Yes, you need to check the hydraulics.
1. How old is the brake fluid?
2. Are there any leaks and the calipers and at the wheel cylinders?
3. Is it working better when you pump the pedal a few times?

If you are lucky replacing the fluid and bleeding the system will fix it.

I do not know what "anti grip lights" are. Are you talking about the ABS light?

Old 11-26-2013, 10:32 AM

You will most likely need a new master cylinder, if you had your brakes done recently your reservoir should be full, it does have a fluid level sensor but its probably not the issue.

Also just some extra info, these trucks came with ABS only in the rear. A lot of the guys remove the ABS computer with no problem and run no ABS. The computer is under the drivers seat on the floor. The thought was that if you are ever in a lock up situation the rears won't skid, make you drift sideways and cause a rollover. Instead you just skid head on into whatever is in front of you

The ABS valve brick is under the bed on the passenger side attached to the frame rail near the gas tank, just in case you were wondering.

I would say your first step is to replace your master cyl. and bleed the lines with fresh fluid and you should be good to go.