Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

Idle Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:47 AM

Tan: Thanks a lot, what a great web page! Mine is a '94 but I don't see anything that differs that much. One thing I regret, when I was sanding and painting the drivers side door, I messed up the "GS" logo. I'm hoping to be able to redo it, I'm just missing the top of the "G".

Old 02-04-2014, 12:58 PM

I was hoping you could spy your mystery pipe in one of the pictures.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Exclamation

If you are trying to adjust the spark timing you will wanna leave the dist. cap on. the adjusting bolt you found is the first bolt the other is down underneath and fastens to the crank housing. once you get that loose it should spin free, i have to adjust mine all the time because the rumble of my ZE somehow moves it over the course of six months. what you want to do though is set it by spinning it towards the car all the way and then pulling it back about 1/2 inch and tighten that top bolt (not all the way, just enough to hold it there) and put it into diagnostic mode with a paper clip in the 10 and GND terminal in the diagnostics box (do this before turning car on)to set the idle. set the idle to 800 (do this when the engine is at running temp) with the screw on top of the throttle body. let is run for a bit and listen to her for any abnormal park ignitions, listen for small detonations and adjust the Distributer little by little untill it stops. once you find that sweet spot tighten the top bolt first and use a 9" extension with a 12mm to fasten the bottom bolt. shut the car off and remove the paper clip. give her a bit to rest and fire it back up. the K8 is exactly the same as a KL just with a smaller bore, stroke, and displacement. also double check your coolant level in the radiator not just the overflow that also cause low and spaz idle.