Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

98 Millenia S wont shift/bad SC no codes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Default 98 Millenia S wont shift/bad SC no codes.

I have a major problem with my millenia. The supercharger was bad when i got the car, sounded like a rod knock. To be positive i cut the belt.. I could not get the belt off and it was shot anyway. The car will run fine, when i put it up on stands and try to get the car to shift it will not do so. When i try to drive it it will not shift TC off or on makes no difference. The car has a transmission leak i think its from a CV seal. I just want to sort this shifting issue out before i do any work at all, if the transmission is bad i'am SOL.

I try to pull codes with the normal obd2 connector, and it fails to connect i tryed a snap-on and mac reader. There is another plug but i don't have a mazda connector, and i assume that is what this second connection under the dash is for?

So will a disconnected/bad supercharger make my car not shift at all? Even up on jack stands.

The speed-o works so it cant be the speed sensor.

Last edited by sohcnick; 08-08-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by sohcnick
I have a major problem with my millenia. The supercharger was bad when i got the car, sounded like a rod knock. To be positive i cut the belt.. I could not get the belt off and it was shot anyway. The car will run fine, when i put it up on stands and try to get the car to shift it will not do so. When i try to drive it it will not shift TC off or on makes no difference. The car has a transmission leak i think its from a CV seal. I just want to sort this shifting issue out before i do any work at all, if the transmission is bad i'am SOL.

I try to pull codes with the normal obd2 connector, and it fails to connect i tryed a snap-on and mac reader. There is another plug but i don't have a mazda connector, and i assume that is what this second connection under the dash is for?

So will a disconnected/bad supercharger make my car not shift at all? Even up on jack stands.

The speed-o works so it cant be the speed sensor.
the connector under the dash, to the right side of the steering column IS the obd2 connector. we have 2 99's, and i read codes all the time. even the 95 has this connector, and will show obd2 codes. start with the correct tool. i once drove home with the belt pulled. it also drives the water pump and power steering, so it was a bit of a chore. the transmission shifted fine

Old 08-14-2012, 09:46 PM

I pulled the transmission pan and, found a lot of metal scraps.. The transmission is done for so this car is going to be parted out. PM if you need parts ill send pictures, the car still runs i have not ripped anything out yet. Car has 131k.