Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

96 milly s fuel filter change

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Default RE: 96 milly s fuel filter change

Keninn, I accessed the fuel filter OK but I still can't find the fuel pump relay. I don't have a manual to assist me and I'm not sure what the cruise control actuator is. Can you be more specific as towhat the fuel pump relay looks like? Also, I priced an after market fuel filter ($25). Is an after market filter OK for a 96 Milly?
An unrelated question-to change out the radiator, does the front bumper have to be removed to access anything? I have a slow leak and tried to remove the top rail that sits above the radiator/condensor and evidently didn't remove enough bolts because I couldn't get it off. Your help and answers are appreciated.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Default RE: 96 milly s fuel filter change

open the hood. see the battery? see the CORNER of the battery that is closest to the driver? between the battery and the driver is the cruise control actuator. it has a cable coming out of it, going to the motor. the relay is UNDER that. you have to remove the actuator to access the relay, but it wont do much. fuel will still flow out. if you dont know what a relay looks like, you need to let someone who does do this job.

to remove the radiator(this is how i do it, which may not be what others do), first drain it. if you cant find the drain plug, you might want to let someone else do this. pull the plastic trim right above the radiator, it is in 2 pieces. remove the upper radiator hose, disconnect the overflow hose, and remove the coolant resevoir tank. there is an a/c line right next to the upper hose, disconnect it from the bracket near the upper hose. this a/c hose will have to be moved out of the way just a tad. now, here is where others might differ. i then pull the battery, and the airbox. this is to give better access to the left side of the radiator. to do this, you will have to pull the plastic "miller cycle" cover, and the airduct going to the rear intercooler. pull off the front intercooler. disconnect the electric fan connector near the upper hose. each fan is held on by 3 bolts. first take out the right side fan, then the left. the left fan connector is near the left top of the radiator. take off the 2 brackets up top that hold the radiator, and take out the radiator. it will be a tight fit on the right side. watch out for the round lower radiator mounts, one on each side.