Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Told my CX-9 needs a new engine block

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by EFFlores
Just an FYI in support of the notion that not all extended warranties are created equal.
I have been recently getting feeds on by FB about the class action suit and I see a link in this thread. Yeah, it could take a while. You might also consider swapping out your engine for an engine of a later year model not part of the TSB, one in a vehicle that was rear ended as someone posted below. Carefully do the math, though, because labor is a big part of the expense.
Thats correct about all extended warranties as they are not from the auto manufactures! Always read the information completely and ask questions about coverage before buying them. remember unless this information you ask if in the form of emails or other documented form it may end up being a who really said what verbally?

Class action suits hold no real bases for factual information seldom actually pan out , take often times years to resolve, the participants almost never get what they monetarily lost (law firm gets the biggest and first chunk of any settlement) once they are completed additional class action suits cannot be entered with any of the same complaints again...ever, and unless the results and empirical facts are made public,(often a gag order is included in these kinds of settlements about the information pertaining to the results details) they are nothing but (IMO) for then then most ambulance chasing law firms that start them.
labor is not the only BIG expense.....
As for engine swapping unless anyone has experience with no year model engine swaps then you are in for a considerable number of challenges that only experienced people doing these projects can generally resolve. Sop not a good idea unless you do the complete research on everything needed to do this which is ECU/TCM compatibly as well the main electrical harness.

Old 04-23-2024, 10:45 PM

Hey just posting here to say the same coolant leak issue happened to me. 2018 CX-9 Grand Touring model(75k miles). Very nice car with an ugly surprise. My car has been in the shop for 2 weeks now and will cost me $8500 to replace the head cylinder kit. This really hurt me so I will be looking to get rid of the car eventually. Royally disappointed that Mazda is not doing a damn thing about it.

Old 04-24-2024, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by not_happy_with_CX9
Hey just posting here to say the same coolant leak issue happened to me. 2018 CX-9 Grand Touring model(75k miles). Very nice car with an ugly surprise. My car has been in the shop for 2 weeks now and will cost me $8500 to replace the head cylinder kit. This really hurt me so I will be looking to get rid of the car eventually. Royally disappointed that Mazda is not doing a damn thing about it.
Says it all in the user name chosen....
Honestly that's your personal opinion about MAZDA and you join a forum and don't post all the information specific for your MAZDA?
Good luck with your sale of your MAZDA. NOT!
Maybe next time be a little more considerate on a forum as a new member and explain the "FACTS" instead of your assumptions?
Also start your own thread and not contaminate other members with your personally unsubstantiated information!

BTW there is no service for replacing a complete cylinder head alone on your model and year that would cost $8500. There is more to this story that is not being told factually and honestly!