Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Couple of CX-9 (carbon edition) questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 08:47 PM
Default Couple of CX-9 (carbon edition) questions

Hey there, owner of a CX-5 (superb) and looking to add a CX-9 to the garage too - to help with a child on the way. I have a couple of questions which I wonder you may be able to help with:

1) From November will have a new baby and a 2year old - we are angling towards a CX-9 with the 2nd row captains chairs (likely Carbon edition) - any pros and cons from the kid perspective with 2nd row bench vs 2nd row captain chair?
2) Am I right in thinking that all new ('21) Carbon Editions are the same - and there are no additional options / packages that could have been added to them (as standard)? I may have misunderstood when doing my research but that was my assessment - trying to understand the $2k differences between local dealers....... If I am wrong can anyone provide (a link) to this information?

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2021, 03:46 AM

Hi Rich,

'21 Carbon AWD CX-9 here.

1. No kids in my household but the gap between the captain's chairs is easy for a child to pass through onto the 3rd row, without having to move either seat forward. Unless you're looking to constantly fill the vehicle with seven people, no downside I can think of.

2. There are no options on the Carbon - Mazda has thrown in just about everything. The only choice you're have to make in this trim is between AWD and FWD.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:01 PM

Been looking and researching as well. I like the look but leaning towards a GT or Signature as I understand you can't get the heads up display with the Carbon. I'd be interested in knowing if this could be an add on install by the dealer?

Old 09-15-2021, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by gphin
Been looking and researching as well. I like the look but leaning towards a GT or Signature as I understand you can't get the heads up display with the Carbon. I'd be interested in knowing if this could be an add on install by the dealer?
When you try to get options added like this by the dealer the cost is usually extremely high. They would have to tear out part of your dash and who knows what they would have to do to your wiring harness to get it to work. I know it might not be what you want to hear and I have no experience with them at all, but I do know there are aftermarket HUDs that are available. It's not going to have any of your driver alerts integrated like the stock one but it will tell your speed if that's the main thing you're looking for

Last edited by Dark cloud; 09-15-2021 at 10:30 AM.