Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White leather seat scuff repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 04:07 PM

The leather on the seat is actually far different than that on riding leather.
I am not really sure you can make the same comparison?

I think the best advice is talk to a auto upholstery shop?

oh my racing leather had a lot more white and I was constantly keeping the white clean and dressed.
This is mine from 1995. And it still fits.

It was a PIA to dig out of the closet for the picture. LOL

I dont wear leather in my Mazda but because I run N20 I am required to wear a helmet to run the 1/4 mile.

Old 09-29-2023, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by hsdejong
Do you mean you wear your racing suit in your Mazda CX-5 or should you use a seat cover made of ventilated leather (with small holes that align with the holes in the seat)?
I assume you're being sarcastic but, in this world, you never know so just in case you aren't my current answer would be "neither".
Besides it would be near impossible to find the same diameter holes (sarcasm)
Though with the idiot drivers with added cellphones I encounter on a daily basis, I probably should be wearing them along with my helmet, boots and gloves and the racing suit air bag
You can use a seat cover, or you can clean/repair any ventilated or non-ventilated leather no matter what it is covering or being used for.
I realize I'm of the "alternate" crowd in that I personally prefer trying to fix leather scuffs, including on my main riding seat a leather recliner in front of the 4K big screen.
Yes, most people, prefer to use seat covers, excluding those with money to burn who would get them reupholstered or buy new.
If I wanted to use seat covers, then I'd never spend the money on leather seats to begin with.
I don't like the way covers look or fit, but that is my opinion, and many others feel just the opposite.
I was just giving alternative solutions which can be tried or ignored.

Old 09-29-2023, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
The leather on the seat is actually far different than that on riding leather.
I am not really sure you can make the same comparison?

I think the best advice is talk to a auto upholstery shop?

oh my racing leather had a lot more white and I was constantly keeping the white clean and dressed.
This is mine from 1995. And it still fits.

It was a PIA to dig out of the closet for the picture. LOL

I dont wear leather in my Mazda but because I run N20 I am required to wear a helmet to run the 1/4 mile.
They still fit...you're the man.
I've found the type of leather in a riding suit depends on what brand or off brand you buy.
Can be soft, thin and as useless as a kitten's fur or thicker, tougher and harder and as unflexing as an old goats hide.
The only way I could fit in my leathers now is by using a seat cover...

Old 09-29-2023, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
I assume you're being sarcastic
Yes, a little ;-)

But I missed the point in your reaction on my original post where I indicated that seat covers should not be used on ventilated seats if you like the ventilation. The airflow would be blocked. Furthermore, I agree with you that I also would try to repair such worn leather seats.

Old 09-29-2023, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by hsdejong
Yes, a little ;-)

But I missed the point in your reaction on my original post where I indicated that seat covers should not be used on ventilated seats if you like the ventilation. The airflow would be blocked. Furthermore, I agree with you that I also would try to repair such worn leather seats.
You get ventilated seat covers!

Not only did in the first few months I had my new Leather Mazda seat center section removed for Blue Ribbing, but I have had seat covers on them now since the first month of ownership. The only time I pull the seat covers off is during a vehicle event that I participate in with my Mazda. The funny thing is the seat covers look almost like the Blue Ribbing I had installed on my factory Mazda seats. These seat covers were also less than $100 on amazon.

Mazda3 Things I like to do - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Old 09-29-2023, 09:53 AM

in this world, you never know

Though with the idiot drivers with added cellphones I encounter on a daily basis, I probably should be wearing them along with my helmet, boots and gloves and the racing suit air bag

No kidding!!!!!

Mazda and your dash cam shorts - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Old 09-29-2023, 10:02 AM

They still fit...you're the man.
I've found the type of leather in a riding suit depends on what brand or off brand you buy.
Can be soft, thin and as useless as a kitten's fur or thicker, tougher and harder and as unflexing as an old goats hide.
The only way I could fit in my leathers now is by using a seat cover...
Well for a period of about 5 years no way, I was tipping the scale at about 220+lbs .. Now I am back to a solid 176-178lbs
Yes picking out a set of leather has to do with what you are going to be using them for. I have several sets for street and competition riding. Even the casual riding wear that you need to look stylish. LOL
Now we forgot to mention Helmets. I have about 6-8 in my collection, and all are still almost perfect condition. I was even looking at getting a new one for my XT project completion, but the prices are just ridiculous now!
One of my now 1985 "VINTAGE" Arai full face special addition helmets I saw going at auction for over $2k . lol

Last edited by Callisto; 09-29-2023 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-29-2023, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
You get ventilated seat covers!
I stand corrected

Old 09-29-2023, 11:05 AM